It's full of STARS!

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Got my Axon 7 in Quartz Gray yesterday. Wow! What an incredible phone! I only have a few very tiny gripes overall and most are with Axon, not the phone itself.

The box was the standard Gold Trim box and gold accessories. I would have preferred Gray but that's a very small gripe. One of my biggest gripes overall is that I ordered from Axon so I got a free Flip/View case. When I pulled it out the box, it is Gold. Not very happy about that. Had I known that, I would have ordered elsewhere because I am not going to use a Gold case. I may contact them and see if I can return it for something else.

The navigation keys REALLY need to be backlit. My solution would be for pop-up screen buttons when the light sensor detected a very low light level. It's another small niggling point. Not major, just an observation.

Setup was fast and very easy. Transferred everything from my S6 Active and got all my accounts synchronized. Didn't play with the camera much as I was too busy being amazed by the sound from the speakers which was one of the major selling points for me.

The phone is quick but it does hang in a few spots. (Thought it may be learning.) I noticed that opening my USAA app takes a couple seconds where on the Active, it was pretty instantaneous. The fingerprint sensor is AMAZING and I set it as security for all of my banking apps that allow it and it works flawlessly. I am ultra impressed by it.

The phone doesn't feel the least bit slippery to me like I had read. I put it in the clear case that came in the box with it and it's fine for my tastes until I find something better.

The screen is GORGEOUS as reported.

Overall, I'd give the phone a solid 9.3 out of 10 for ME. Just a few tiny things like the lack of backlit keys, nothing major. For $400, I can't complain one bit!

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Got my Axon 7 in Quartz Gray yesterday. Wow! What an incredible phone! I only have a few very tiny gripes overall and most are with Axon, not the phone itself.

The box was the standard Gold Trim box and gold accessories. I would have preferred Gray but that's a very small gripe. One of my biggest gripes overall is that I ordered from Axon so I got a free Flip/View case. When I pulled it out the box, it is Gold. Not very happy about that. Had I known that, I would have ordered elsewhere because I am not going to use a Gold case. I may contact them and see if I can return it for something else.

The navigation keys REALLY need to be backlit. My solution would be for pop-up screen buttons when the light sensor detected a very low light level. It's another small niggling point. Not major, just an observation.

Setup was fast and very easy. Transferred everything from my S6 Active and got all my accounts synchronized. Didn't play with the camera much as I was too busy being amazed by the sound from the speakers which was one of the major selling points for me.

The phone is quick but it does hang in a few spots. (Thought it may be learning.) I noticed that opening my USAA app takes a couple seconds where on the Active, it was pretty instantaneous. The fingerprint sensor is AMAZING and I set it as security for all of my banking apps that allow it and it works flawlessly. I am ultra impressed by it.

The phone doesn't feel the least bit slippery to me like I had read. I put it in the clear case that came in the box with it and it's fine for my tastes until I find something better.

The screen is GORGEOUS as reported.

Overall, I'd give the phone a solid 9.3 out of 10 for ME. Just a few tiny things like the lack of backlit keys, nothing major. For $400, I can't complain one bit!

I see you have a 16 Mustang in your avatar so I know you have good taste (like me) ! Cheer! P.S no I don't have a Mustang.... TBH the M8 is the best looking phone off all time, I think this come 2nd. I do have the hottest car on the road though in my opinion.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I see you have a 16 Mustang in your avatar so I know you have good taste (like me) ! Cheer! P.S no I don't have a Mustang.... TBH the M8 is the best looking phone off all time, I think this come 2nd. I do have the hottest car on the road though in my opinion.

Actually, it's a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package and I absolutely love it. I believe this is the best looking Mustang since 68-69.

Thanks for the props though. Always nice to meet other car enthusiasts.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Actually, it's a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package and I absolutely love it. I believe this is the best looking Mustang since 68-69.

Thanks for the props though. Always nice to meet other car enthusiasts.

Its the only Mustang I ever like with it new redesign. The older Mustang just didn't feel mean enough for me. Not sure what the 68 and 69 Mustang look like....way before my time. Yeah the new Mustang is pretty much perfect from the front, side, and back and its interior is actually nice this time around. Drove my friend 2010 generation Mustang before and it interior is no where as nice. I didn't end up getting a Mustang because even though I'm single, I prefer 4 door and AWD, I went for the STI instead.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. I used to own a 04 wrx wagon. Loved it. Great car.

Leave it to me to turn a conversation about a phone into car. Perhaps I should connect it with Android auto somehow lol. I don't know why Subaru discontinue the hatchback because I think it would look really really nice. I wasn't going to wait for 2019 or whenever they said they will make hatchback again.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The hatchback version of the WRX was the best looking in my honest opinion. I've always loved hot hatchbacks. My car before the Mustang was a 2013 Focus ST, fully tuned and bolt ons. It was a fast little thing.20160424_151708.jpg

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it killed me when they killed the hatch. I'd been lusting after one for a while. Now I waiting for a souped up Soul AWD or Abarth 500x.

Henaway

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
It's cool to turn this into car talk ... after all, BMW helped design the Axon 7! LOL I'm hoping to win a nice little 2016 Mustang convertible in a few weeks ... if they pull my ticket! I do give Ford props on the latest Mustang styling, it looks badass. I was partial to the early 70s fastbacks myself. I remember my bro's triple white 73 Cougar XR7 convertible fondly ... first car I ever put my foot into on the highway and had the front wheels come off the road!

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My absolute favorite car ever was the 69 Fastback Mustang. The lines of the 6th Generation are so similar. This is probably as close as I'll ever get to owning one and I'm ok with that. It's a brilliant car. It truly is. When I'm stuck in traffic, it feels luxurious. I mean, not like a high end Cadillac but DEFINITELY not like a sports car. Change the mode to Sport+ or Track and the car REALLY comes alive. Throw it into corners and it's blissfully stable with little body roll and it tracks right on through like a much smaller or lighter car.

I really can't find things to not like about it and the heated and COOLED seats are absolutely GLORIOUS!

Henaway

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the 69s were sweet, no denying. I loved it when Ford brought back the sequential rear taillights on the 'stang. Those look amazing blinking in all their LED glory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci