Memory Management

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Really like the phone so far after a week but one thing that is beginning to happen is the dreaded reloading of tabs in my browser when I switch to and from other apps to it. I haven't run into this problem for years and the days of low RAM devices. I've been using a Note 5 previously for about a year and it never happened with that despite having the same amount of RAM. I don't even play games or use large apps and it is happening. I remember the first few generation iPads and Android tablets did this and I hated it. A waste of time and data. It will happen with just like 2 to three tabs open too. Anyone else seeing this? Do you think an update will fix this? And this is with Firefox. And it is not the app because I don't see this behavior on the Note using the same app.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had 10 tabs open and switched back and forth with no discernable slow down but I use chrome. Maybe it's something not playing nice in Firefox?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the phone come with any kind of "RAM Manager" app, or did you install a 3rd party one yourself? If so, uninstall or disable it, and see if the problem persists. A RAM Manager app might try to "clean RAM" (which is totally unnecessary) whenever you leave the browser, so that when you go back to it, it has to reload everything again.

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone come with any kind of "RAM Manager" app, or did you install a 3rd party one yourself? If so, uninstall or disable it, and see if the problem persists. A RAM Manager app might try to "clean RAM" (which is totally unnecessary) whenever you leave the browser, so that when you go back to it, it has to reload everything again.

browser.meta_refresh_when_inactive.disabled

I just toggled the above setting in about config and that seems to have done the trick so far. It's just weird because I never had to do that on the Note 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool