Update is here

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I got you buddy.

1. Group text messaging feature added

2. Android security patches updated through September 1st, including the infamous Qualcomm Quadrooter flaws

3. RF performance and signal bar indicator optimization

4. New "Fast battery drain apps" feature to identify apps that are sucking the most battery

5. Overall battery life optimization

6. Camera improvements, including general focus enhancements

7. Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes

dnomadic

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine because of the Camera nd the signal.... would love to hear if the camera has improved,especially the ability to capture motion and low light.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
After the update I am seeing these footprints with number on bottom of lockscreen. Anyone else have this or know what it's about?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-20-06-37-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-20-06-37-38.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 131

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
After the update I am seeing these footprints with number on bottom of lockscreen. Anyone else have this or know what it's about?

Yes, it's on by default now, you can turn it on/off on Display Settings.It's a pedometer, still don't know if it comes from Google Fit or not as I can't find Google Fit on my Apps but it shows on my Account Sync options, I turned it off though.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's on by default now, you can turn it on/off on Display Settings.It's a pedometer, still don't know if it comes from Google Fit or not as I can't find Google Fit on my Apps but it shows on my Account Sync options, I turned it off though.

Thanks for that info!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Is the data connectivity much better now?

Ive never had any issues with it, in fact, I basically haven't used wifi since I got the phone a month ago and for me it has always had the same signal strength and speed tests than my S7 edge in side by side comparisons, but there are people claiming better signal and speeds than before.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Ive never had any issues with it, in fact, I basically haven't used wifi since I got the phone a month ago and for me it has always had the same signal strength and speed tests than my S7 edge in side by side comparisons, but there are people claiming better signal and speeds than before.

Are you using T-Mobile by any chance? And if so can you stream 1080p and 1440p video without a single buffering?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you using T-Mobile by any chance? And if so can you stream 1080p and 1440p video without a single buffering?

Yes, I'm using Tmobile but since I have the Binge On video feature on is limited to 480p anyways, and the few times I really need to stream live video I always use WiFi.

Do the update, wipe the cache Partition after it and see how it works for you.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I'm using Tmobile but since I have the Binge On video feature on is limited to 480p anyways, and the few times I really need to stream live video I always use WiFi.

Do the update, wipe the cache Partition after it and see how it works for you.

Thanks mate, I did and it was progressively worst. Wifi remain the same but Wifi is accurate. It the 4G LTE signal reception that I am worry about. But I really can't tell if it worst or this phone can't hold consistent reading. One moment it could be .60 mbps and the next it could be .10 mbps on the exact same server. It recently went up to 1.51 mbps download but right after that I tested it again and it was back down to .32 mbps.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if some units are just defective. The signal quality reports seem to be so all over the place.
Which sucks because if I knew that it would work well, I'd pull the trigger and buy this phone today.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It could be a combination of hardware and software. Perhaps the antenna design and placement could be better. I think at the end of the day, what matters is can you make and receive clear calls without very many, if any dropped calls. So far, I have to admit that I haven't had any issues in that regard. Wifi in my home and in public places like Starbucks is fine. After the update, I got over 56.06 Mbps download over Wifi, the highest ever recorded on any of my phones. With ZTE's return policy, you really can't lose. I would say go ahead and go for it.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
And there are also many people on the ZTE forums still complaining about poor cellular signals and that the update did absolutely nothing except make the phone have more bars.

StylisticOne

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks mate, I did and it was progressively worst. Wifi remain the same but Wifi is accurate. It the 4G LTE signal reception that I am worry about. But I really can't tell if it worst or this phone can't hold consistent reading. One moment it could be .60 mbps and the next it could be .10 mbps on the exact same server. It recently went up to 1.51 mbps download but right after that I tested it again and it was back down to .32 mbps.
I think it's the phone. WiFi is no problem, I have something around 80. But on 4g it s*x around 20. 4g full signal....
50d20856d7519f4adfe0109ecdb0ce29.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress