Photo Software

SimeonLatremoille

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to purchase an nice piece of hardware and the Axon 7 is a top contender for me. I doubt about picture quality.

All the blabber about the high quality hardware, low quality software of the camera have me puzzled, because it seems so problematic to the commentators. I thought this "problem" had an easy fix: I'm I mistaken if I believe I can just download any camera software (like Camera Zoom FX or Google stock camera) and enjoy better quality if the stock camera doesn't work well?

Do I need an underlayer that will deal with the inner workings of the actual installed hardware at a low level? If so does it exist and how do you do it? Would such a manoeuver affect other capabilities such as interconnectivity with other apps, or with video management or even void the garantee?

Thank you for your support and help in my decision.

Simeon

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Typically, a phone's camera quality is most hard coded inside the camera sub-system and not because of the camera app in question, so a new app may not get you a better picture. And the stock app is often your best bet since it was designed for the hardware in question.

There might exist some system mods out there that might eek a slightly better picture, but the improvement will be marginal. The only way for things to improve in any meaningful way would be for the OEM to update the imaging system software in some future update.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
There were some note 4 roms that noticeably improved my camera, but the improvements were baked into the rom and not just a play store download. I'm hoping the axon community hits those heights, maybe if enough of us pledge to pitch some of our hefty savings on the phone towards devs... ;)

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
By the way, a number of people on XDA are swearing by the Snap Camera app. I tried it and it does seem to produce better pictures than the stock camera app.