Music app

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having a bit of a problem here. It seems the native music app will only play music if the screen is on. Once the screen turns off, so does the music. I don't have this issue on google music nor on the Axon 7 mini native music app. I wonder if it's the app or my Axon is screwed up.

EDIT: I just rebooted the phone and now the music app is working, weird....

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having a bit of a problem here. It seems the native music app will only play music if the screen is on. Once the screen turns off, so does the music. I don't have this issue on google music nor on the Axon 7 mini native music app. I wonder if it's the app or my Axon is screwed up.

EDIT: I just rebooted the phone and now the music app is working, weird....

I noticed you have the mini. Mine will be here tomorrow. Ive got a pixel and galaxy S7 EDGE. I bought the mini, mainly for music listening. Will I like it?

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed you have the mini. Mine will be here tomorrow. Ive got a pixel and galaxy S7 EDGE. I bought the mini, mainly for music listening. Will I like it?
It has a slower cpu/gpu and the lockscreen has the dreaded bell notification. You'll have to hit the bell to see your notification, other then that it's pretty much the same as the Axon 7. The speakers are a little bit louder. I haven't had much time with it as I bought it for my mom.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It has a slower cpu/gpu and the lockscreen has the dreaded bell notification. You'll have to hit the bell to see your notification, other then that it's pretty much the same as the Axon 7. The speakers are a little bit louder. I haven't had much time with it as I bought it for my mom.

Can't the bell notification be disabled? Or the volume turned off?

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem as well, and it goes away temporarily with a reboot, as you already discovered. But it will return at some point, if my experience is any indication.

After diving into it, the problem seems to be that the phone decides to squelch the notifications from the app. If the app is not able to "run" in the notification space, it stops playing.

I've turn all the notifications up for the app, including show in do-not-disturb mode, and seeing if it still happens. Will reply to this thread with what I learn.