Verizon & axon7

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Carriers

I know this has been a post previous. But now, after an update or 2, has anyone tried using the A7 on Verizon as a main carrier? Any quirks, or issues? Besides having an S7 edge on Verizon, ive got a pixel on fi and a fi data only sim in my A7 so it's always on T-mobile. No problem with that. But id like to try my Verizon sim in the A7. Please comment.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Carriers

I know this has been a post previous. But now, after an update or 2, has anyone tried using the A7 on Verizon as a main carrier? Any quirks, or issues? Besides having an S7 edge on Verizon, ive got a pixel on fi and a fi data only sim in my A7 so it's always on T-mobile. No problem with that. But id like to try my Verizon sim in the A7. Please comment.
I don't think it will work as I was with Verizon for a while and I left them mainly due to very poor customer service and my bill having an error on their part which they just cut my service off without any notice or call because they "suspected" fraud which at the time left me lost in Alabama where I'm not from nor know my way around without Google maps. Long to short there was no fraud and their mistake but left me out to dry. I've never looked back since that day. Anyways I tried a GSM only device with their sim and it was a no go but their device will work just fine with a GSM SIM I do know for sure. I'm glad I got away from CDMA as I found it very difficult to try out new devices. All celluar companies should be unified to one type signal service. Either or and it seems like the only two that aren't GSM is Verizon and Sprint. If the honor 8 does not state CDMA then you'll get partial functions or I did from my personal experience on another device

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Can you give updates

Now that there have been thousands of axon 7 phones sold with the incredible holiday deals, I was wondering if anyone is successfully using their phones on Verizon or fi?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can you give updates

I've heard that it's always worked on both, but it won't auto hop networks on fi and it won't use one of Verizon's main band. As far as I know these will take a radio upgrade at minimum to fix, which hasn't been released yet.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I've heard that it's always worked on both, but it won't auto hop networks on fi and it won't use one of Verizon's main band. As far as I know these will take a radio upgrade at minimum to fix, which hasn't been released yet.

Oj, thats what I thought. I guess the best thing to do is try it

Lubester

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site

i don't know what fi is, but I've been using mine with Verizon for a few weeks now. it was a little bit of a pain because my previous phone uses a Micro-SIM card, and the Axon7 uses a Nano-SIM. i called verizon and told them i bought a new phone and needed a nano-SIM. they asked what phone i was getting and i told them Axon7 and the gal on the phone kept telling me it's not found in their "approved phone" list. i basically had to get firm with her and let her know that i've done the research and the phone takes a nano-SIM and to please send me one.

i got it in the mail 2 days later. i popped it in and it didn't work. i then had to call verizon and told them i got a new SIM and needed it activated in my new phone. i had to read her the serial # on the side of the box that the SIM card came in, and the agent on the phone activated it and then it worked. i do have to keep it "roaming", but there is no roaming charges unless i leave the country, so it's been no problem. getting messages and phone calls just fine. also using LTE with no probs. the only downside i've heard of is that you can't access internet while using the phone, but i've never had to do that, so no prob for me. also heard wifi calling doesnt work either, but never used that either, so no prob for me.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i tried it (ZTE Axon 7 on Verizon)

Well I decided to try my ZTE axon7 with my Verizon sim card. Everything seems to be working fine. I'm receiving and making calls and texts without issues. Only noticeable thing is that an R, which i assume stands for roaming, appears next to my signal bars. Im wondering if that means I'm not getting 4glte. Anyone know about this. My calls ate clear. Internet working flawlessly.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

i don't know what fi is, but I've been using mine with Verizon for a few weeks now. it was a little bit of a pain because my previous phone uses a Micro-SIM card, and the Axon7 uses a Nano-SIM. i called verizon and told them i bought a new phone and needed a nano-SIM. they asked what phone i was getting and i told them Axon7 and the gal on the phone kept telling me it's not found in their "approved phone" list. i basically had to get firm with her and let her know that i've done the research and the phone takes a nano-SIM and to please send me one.

i got it in the mail 2 days later. i popped it in and it didn't work. i then had to call verizon and told them i got a new SIM and needed it activated in my new phone. i had to read her the serial # on the side of the box that the SIM card came in, and the agent on the phone activated it and then it worked. i do have to keep it "roaming", but there is no roaming charges unless i leave the country, so it's been no problem. getting messages and phone calls just fine. also using LTE with no probs. the only downside i've heard of is that you can't access internet while using the phone, but i've never had to do that, so no prob for me. also heard wifi calling doesnt work either, but never used that either, so no prob for me.

I just popped my Verizon sim into my axon7 and it worked flawlessly without me having to call VZW. I, too, noticed it on roaming. But like you, i never leave the goid old USA. my question for you is how do you know you're still on 4GLTE?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ok, i tried it

Checking the specs, it HAS the correct frequencies and bands! EVEN the CDMA stuff. It should be fully working

You MIGHT need to tweak your APN settings. Also perhaps second tier Verizon tech can help and make sure your phone is fully activated on the network. It HAS the correct stuff and Verizon DOES allow you to bring your own phone, their policy in that regard HAS changed. :)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Checking the specs, it HAS the correct frequencies and bands! EVEN the CDMA stuff. It should be fully working

You MIGHT need to tweak your APN settings. Also perhaps second tier Verizon tech can help and make sure your phone is fully activated on the network. It HAS the correct stuff and Verizon DOES allow you to bring your own phone, their policy in that regard HAS changed. :)

How do I go about "tweeking" the apn settings? It is not giving me any issues though. Should I just leave it alone?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Its been a day and a half, and my axon7 is working flawlessly on Verizon wireless. No issues whatsoever. Calls come through clean, go through clean, no issues with sending and receiving texts. Data is fine. So if you want to stay on Verizon wireless and want as good a device as what they carry at a fraction of the cost, get the axon7 now while it's on holiday sale. It really is an awesome device. Especially if you listen to a lot of music.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Its been a day and a half, and my axon7 is working flawlessly on Verizon wireless. No issues whatsoever. Calls come through clean, go through clean, no issues with sending and receiving texts. Data is fine. So if you want to stay on Verizon wireless and want as good a device as what they carry at a fraction of the cost, get the axon7 now while it's on holiday sale. It really is an awesome device. Especially if you listen to a lot of music.

Still have the R?

Can you do VoLTE?

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Still have the R?

Can you do VoLTE?

When i go into settings - sim status-it says im roaming but also says LTE under cellular network type. I'm making calls, receiving calls, making and receiving texts without issue. No data issues either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool