Problem with Playstore - T-mobile

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I had been using my Axon 7 with no sim. I just got my T-Mobile sim today and popped it in. Nothing in the Playstore will update or download. It keeps saying "waiting for network." Everything was working fine before I put in the sim. It won't download/updates even on Wi-Fi now. Still says "waiting for network." Everything else works fine. I can use mobile data for apps and YouTube etc. Issue is the Playstore. I have cleared the data and cache on the Playstore app. I have reset all network settings several times. I have put this T-Mo sim in my unlocked S7 Edge and everything works fine, including downloading/updating apps in the Playstore. I've powered down the Axon, swapped out sims and everything. Playstore still says "waiting for network." Any suggestions before I send this thing back to Amazon?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Just found a thread on XDA. Several people are having this same issue. Came out of the blue for the others as well. Very frustrating.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Gotta go into app settings> play store > and delete downloaded updates. It's in a drop down on the top right.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep it's spreading around, not just Axon. Apparently Google is aware of it via some chats on their forums.

If you do that uninstall trick, you have to QUICKLY "Cancel" the update that it tries to load. Once that is done, your app will work..at least for a while.

LesHabs29

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope they fix this soon. It just started for me out of nowhere a few days ago and the only recourse is to disable the app, watch the updates uninstall, wait a few seconds for it to redownload and install and then get my app updates. EACH and every time!!! Geez.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I once again uninstalled the Play Store updates using the method above, but was not fast enough to stop it from re-updating. Regardless, it's working now after I uninstalled the updates and let it update again. Maybe they patched the Play Store app today to fix this issue.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah same issue here
Waiting for network
Very irritating... Temporary fix is uninstall google store update
Hope google fixes it soon

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same issue here
Waiting for network
Very irritating... Temporary fix is uninstall google store update
Hope google fixes it soon

I like this phone but little problems like this is why I will not be keeping it.

Last edited:

Everyone6

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
I had been using my Axon 7 with no sim. I just got my T-Mobile sim today and popped it in. Nothing in the Playstore will update or download. It keeps saying "waiting for network." Everything was working fine before I put in the sim. It won't download/updates even on Wi-Fi now. Still says "waiting for network." Everything else works fine. I can use mobile data for apps and YouTube etc. Issue is the Playstore. I have cleared the data and cache on the Playstore app. I have reset all network settings several times. I have put this T-Mo sim in my unlocked S7 Edge and everything works fine, including downloading/updating apps in the Playstore. I've powered down the Axon, swapped out sims and everything. Playstore still says "waiting for network." Any suggestions before I send this thing back to Amazon?
Fixed issue on Axon 7: go to Settings >> Apps >> Gear icon in upper right >> Special Access >> Unrestricted Data Access. Then flip the switch on for the Google Play Store app.

Everyone6

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Fixed issue on Axon 7: go to Settings >> Apps >> Gear icon in upper right >> Special Access >> Unrestricted Data Access. Then flip the switch on for the Google Play Store app.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Bable hit it right. Uninstall the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy