Nook Color (HELP)

Dalekk

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have a really unanswered question about the Nook Color. I've been doing as much research on the device as I could and I have come up empty handed.

Barnes and Noble sells the Nook Color saying it has "Built In WiFi". What does this mean? I've searched and found many conflicting answers. Some people answer saying the Nook Color has built in Wifi allowing it to connect to it's own WiFi network wherever you are. This was very exciting to me seeing as I do not have access to any Wifi in my home and I am not willing to trek to a Coffee Shop or something to download a book.

Others say that the built in WiFi just means that you connect wirelessly and that you must be in a wifi hotspot to use the internet or download a book. This of course is a downer for me considering the Nook Color relies heavily on Wifi.

So I've come here to get my question answered once and for all, does the Nook Color's built in WiFi mean I can connect to it from anywhere because some sort of WiFi chip or something is built into it, or do I need to be in a Coffee Shop or BN Store to download a book or surf the web? Answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Dalekk

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
It means you can connect to a hotspots, like the second thing you wrote.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dalekk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have a really unanswered question about the Nook Color. I've been doing as much research on the device as I could and I have come up empty handed.

Barnes and Noble sells the Nook Color saying it has "Built In WiFi". What does this mean? I've searched and found many conflicting answers. Some people answer saying the Nook Color has built in Wifi allowing it to connect to it's own WiFi network wherever you are. This was very exciting to me seeing as I do not have access to any Wifi in my home and I am not willing to trek to a Coffee Shop or something to download a book.

Others say that the built in WiFi just means that you connect wirelessly and that you must be in a wifi hotspot to use the internet or download a book. This of course is a downer for me considering the Nook Color relies heavily on Wifi.

So I've come here to get my question answered once and for all, does the Nook Color's built in WiFi mean I can connect to it from anywhere because some sort of WiFi chip or something is built into it, or do I need to be in a Coffee Shop or BN Store to download a book or surf the web? Answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Dalekk

You can buy a cheap router at best buy for like 30-50 bucks. Plug it in to your internet via Ethernet and boom Wifi for you nook or anything else you want to use it for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae