Does the new market work on the Nook Color?

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The best part is that it now works with a screen density set to 160 which is what you need in order for Google Reader to be full screen! I give that two thumbs up! :D

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The best part is that it now works with a screen density set to 160 which is what you need in order for Google Reader to be full screen! I give that two thumbs up! :D
Totally off topic noob question, but how do I change my screen density to 160? I hate how google reader displays so small.

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Totally off topic noob question, but how do I change my screen density to 160? I hate how google reader displays so small.

Download screen density app. The one I had I think was simply called screen density. Either way a market search should get u there

CozBoogie

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think movies for now are a no-go for all tabs regardless of if they are rooted or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm running the new market on the latest stable build of CM7 and there is no option for movies.

late,
Coz

Last edited:

bravebull

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the new maket onto my MIUI Nook Color. When I first used it, the applications would not show the install button. I did a "Clear Data" under manage applications and the market worked fine after that. Like others, I don't have the Movies option on my Nook Color, but I do have it on my Dell Streak 5" running DJ Steve's Streakdroid 1.9.1 (rooted).

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help? I moved "Vending.apk" onto the root of my NC sd card. Then, I found the apk file in Root Explorer on my Nook and tried to install it. No go...it gives me a error message reading "There is a problem parsing the package." What can I do different to get it to install?

jackchaos

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I've tried to install the new market on my rooted nook 1.2 every way I know how with no success. It starts installing and then says "Application not installed" ... what's the right steps?

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I get the new market installed on my nookie froyo on a micro sd card, but then it doesn't work. It force closes when I open it. The market before hand worked and I can uninstall the updates and it works fine. I tried a couple of market updates, including the one's posted in xda and here and they didn't work. Any ideas AC community ?

Last edited:

maxwell2310

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to install the new market on my rooted nook 1.2 every way I know how with no success. It starts installing and then says "Application not installed" ... what's the right steps?
I had a problem with this on my Droid X as well and this seemed to fix it perfectly. Use Root Explorer or es file explorer (with root enabled and system mounted etc) then copied the market download file, and pasted it in /system/app. I then renamed the original file "vending.apk" to "vending.bak" then renamed the new downloaded market file to "vending.apk". You may have to restart the tablet if you get a FC and/or make sure the permissions are the same as the original market file.

Here is the file: (Sorry about the length, just copy paste into browser)

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...Downoad Link&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13124223612991