Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Does the new market work on the Nook Color?

Anyone try and load the new marker on the Nook Color yet? f so, what's the result?

Default Re: Does the new market work on the Nook Color?

Looks like it works fine based on this thread at XDA: New Android Market now /w download link - xda-developers

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
    Anyone try and load the new marker on the Nook Color yet? f so, what's the result?
    Works fine, installed it last night and is even showing the apps I need updated. No issues at all.

So far so good here.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I have it installed and no problems here

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    phiremod for nook

Quote Originally Posted by calikingz View Post
    I have it installed and no problems here
    Same here, works perfect on my NC

ROM
    Stock

The best part is that it now works with a screen density set to 160 which is what you need in order for Google Reader to be full screen! I give that two thumbs up!

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks64 View Post
    The best part is that it now works with a screen density set to 160 which is what you need in order for Google Reader to be full screen! I give that two thumbs up!
    Totally off topic noob question, but how do I change my screen density to 160? I hate how google reader displays so small.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

works fine on miui rom nook color

Have it on my phone and my NC rooted w/CM7 but on my NC it doesn't show the movies tab. Anyone else have this too?

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by orlanka View Post
    Totally off topic noob question, but how do I change my screen density to 160? I hate how google reader displays so small.
    Download screen density app. The one I had I think was simply called screen density. Either way a market search should get u there

Im pretty sure You can't get movies if you're on a rooted device

I think movies for now are a no-go for all tabs regardless of if they are rooted or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'm running the new market on the latest stable build of CM7 and there is no option for movies.

late,
    Coz
    "I don't want to spend my life explaining myself. Either you get it or you don't." Frank Zappa

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I downloaded the new maket onto my MIUI Nook Color. When I first used it, the applications would not show the install button. I did a "Clear Data" under manage applications and the market worked fine after that. Like others, I don't have the Movies option on my Nook Color, but I do have it on my Dell Streak 5" running DJ Steve's Streakdroid 1.9.1 (rooted).

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Can someone help? I moved "Vending.apk" onto the root of my NC sd card. Then, I found the apk file in Root Explorer on my Nook and tried to install it. No go...it gives me a error message reading "There is a problem parsing the package." What can I do different to get it to install?

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
    Where can I find out how to download and install on CM7?
    Thanks.

Here is a video of the new market on my nook (sorry about the quality).

I posted the .apk I used here.
    See my screen
    http://androidjunk.wordpress.com/category/screenshot-gallery/

I've tried to install the new market on my rooted nook 1.2 every way I know how with no success. It starts installing and then says "Application not installed" ... what's the right steps?

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

I get the new market installed on my nookie froyo on a micro sd card, but then it doesn't work. It force closes when I open it. The market before hand worked and I can uninstall the updates and it works fine. I tried a couple of market updates, including the one's posted in xda and here and they didn't work. Any ideas AC community ?

Quote Originally Posted by jackchaos View Post
    I've tried to install the new market on my rooted nook 1.2 every way I know how with no success. It starts installing and then says "Application not installed" ... what's the right steps?
    I had a problem with this on my Droid X as well and this seemed to fix it perfectly. Use Root Explorer or es file explorer (with root enabled and system mounted etc) then copied the market download file, and pasted it in /system/app. I then renamed the original file "vending.apk" to "vending.bak" then renamed the new downloaded market file to "vending.apk". You may have to restart the tablet if you get a FC and/or make sure the permissions are the same as the original market file.

Here is the file: (Sorry about the length, just copy paste into browser)

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13124223612991

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Had new market installed on CM7 emmc. Ran into issue of not being able to get a couple of apps from the market which I could before. This new market app does some checking and may decide that your device does has the proper support. Especially things like no GPS. The one app I wanted to install and had before a Nook CM7 rebuild is Net Swiss Tool. Great for network related PD. Does not make use of anything not on the Nook but would not allow install with the new market. I opened up the gapps zip file and got the vending.apk from it and installed it. Now the older market allows install of apps that the new market would not. Apps work just fine by the way.

Just a word of warning based on my experience.
    --bill