[SOLVED] Need Nook Color CM7 u-boot.bin

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: SOLVED

I really need somebody to give me the u-boot.bin that is for the latest Nook Color nightly. Really, all I need is a u-boot.bin that says "Touch the Future of Reading". Mine says loading, and my internet has a frequent access policy so I can't afford to download a 100mb file. Thanks so much! :)

Last edited:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HELP] Need Nook Color CM7 u-boot.bin

The newer nightlies already have the boot bin file included, but it will not say Touch the Future.....

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Are we talking about an install on the eMMC or and SD card?

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Are we talking about an install on the eMMC or and SD card?

SD card. And I have an update. I backed everything up with titanium, wiped my SD, and installed the newest experimental (7.1). I am trying to install Dalingrin's newest kernal, and I have installed CWM Recovery through the Rom Manager, but I can't boot into ClockworkMod recovery to install the kernel. Help!?

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

"Touch the future of reading" is shown for the older B&N u-boot; the newer version says "Read Forever".

With the 2.6.32 kernels (which 7.1RC1 contains) the u-boot.bin message shows the CyanogenMod logo plus the word "loading". This is normal.

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

"Touch the future of reading" is shown for the older B&N u-boot; the newer version says "Read Forever".

With the 2.6.32 kernels (which 7.1RC1 contains) the u-boot.bin message shows the CyanogenMod logo plus the word "loading". This is normal.

Yeah, I have kinda solved that. My previous post to this one explains my current problem. :p

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I have overclocked it to 1.2 ghz now! (oddly, it won't let me OC to 1.3....)

You might try running Nook Color Tweaks and setting it to 1.3ghz from there. Keep in mind some people have issues when setting it over 1.2ghz so if it becomes unstable it isn't really anything you have done, it's just the way your NC is responding.

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

You might try running Nook Color Tweaks and setting it to 1.3ghz from there. Keep in mind some people have issues when setting it over 1.2ghz so if it becomes unstable it isn't really anything you have done, it's just the way your NC is responding.

EDIT: I see, you can change the CPU step from there. Thanks, it's running fine at 1.3 ghz now!

Well, I payed the $2 to use SetCPU, so I'll just stick with 1.2 ghz. :cool: