1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation [SOLVED] Need Nook Color CM7 u-boot.bin

EDIT: SOLVED

I really need somebody to give me the u-boot.bin that is for the latest Nook Color nightly. Really, all I need is a u-boot.bin that says "Touch the Future of Reading". Mine says loading, and my internet has a frequent access policy so I can't afford to download a 100mb file. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by bigfunkychiken; 08-05-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Solved

Default Re: [HELP] Need Nook Color CM7 u-boot.bin

The newer nightlies already have the boot bin file included, but it will not say Touch the Future.....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    The newer nightlies already have the boot bin file included, but it will not say Touch the Future.....
    I just need a u-boot.bin that will let me boot into recovery. My current one is
    > bigfunkychiken

Are we talking about an install on the eMMC or and SD card?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by patruns View Post
    Are we talking about an install on the eMMC or and SD card?
    SD card. And I have an update. I backed everything up with titanium, wiped my SD, and installed the newest experimental (7.1). I am trying to install Dalingrin's newest kernal, and I have installed CWM Recovery through the Rom Manager, but I can't boot into ClockworkMod recovery to install the kernel. Help!?
    > bigfunkychiken

"Touch the future of reading" is shown for the older B&N u-boot; the newer version says "Read Forever".

With the 2.6.32 kernels (which 7.1RC1 contains) the u-boot.bin message shows the CyanogenMod logo plus the word "loading". This is normal.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    "Touch the future of reading" is shown for the older B&N u-boot; the newer version says "Read Forever".

With the 2.6.32 kernels (which 7.1RC1 contains) the u-boot.bin message shows the CyanogenMod logo plus the word "loading". This is normal.
    Yeah, I have kinda solved that. My previous post to this one explains my current problem.
    > bigfunkychiken

When I was running off a SD card, I followed these instructions: , which cover updating and installing OC kernels. The newer nightly releases include the OC kernel.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks. I have overclocked it to 1.2 ghz now! (oddly, it won't let me OC to 1.3....)
    > bigfunkychiken

Global Posts
    32,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by bigfunkychiken View Post
    Thanks. I have overclocked it to 1.2 ghz now! (oddly, it won't let me OC to 1.3....)
    You might try running and setting it to 1.3ghz from there. Keep in mind some people have issues when setting it over 1.2ghz so if it becomes unstable it isn't really anything you have done, it's just the way your NC is responding.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    You might try running and setting it to 1.3ghz from there. Keep in mind some people have issues when setting it over 1.2ghz so if it becomes unstable it isn't really anything you have done, it's just the way your NC is responding.
    EDIT: I see, you can change the CPU step from there. Thanks, it's running fine at 1.3 ghz now!

Well, I payed the $2 to use SetCPU, so I'll just stick with 1.2 ghz.
    > bigfunkychiken