Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Default Which Nightly?

I want to use a CM7 nightly for my Nook that includes Dalingrin's OC kernel, as my current setup (CM7 running off SD card OC'd to 900mhz) is quite clunky and slow. It is, however, a family tab, so I need to use a relatively stable version. Which one have you guys been using that has provided you with the least problems?

Thanks!
    -kcls

Default Re: Which Nightly?

I wouldn't use a nightly; use the newest experimental (7.1). The OC kernel is a little outdated, but updating is easy. That is what I did, and I am stable at 1.2 ghz.
    > bigfunkychiken
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

That is actually what I am on right now, but I would like to be able to OC a bit more, because as I said it is feeling a bit clunky. The RC that I am on only allows OCing to 900mhz or so, whereas newer nightlies allow you to OC to at leas 1.2 ghz.I would like one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kcls View Post
    That is actually what I am on right now, but I would like to be able to OC a bit more, because as I said it is feeling a bit clunky. The RC that I am on only allows OCing to 900mhz or so, whereas newer nightlies allow you to OC to at leas 1.2 ghz.I would like one of those.
    It all depends on the kernel, not the version of CM7.
    > bigfunkychiken

Nightly 150 is supposed to be pretty stable. I haven't tried it myself but they're saying boot up times are amazingly fast.

---
    - Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

I'm on 151. Boot time once you get the skateboarder on the screen is about 1/2 of what it was before....

I'm usually on the latest or a handful behind and it's rare that I've run into an unstable version. I read the XDA thread to see if anyone runs into anything nasty.

Global Posts
    33,769 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I'm also on 150 and don't have any issues with it. I also have mine OC to 1.3ghz.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

I can't see which # the nightly is that I am using right now but it is the one released on 08-04 and has been more than stable. I would go with that for now and speed it up to 1.3

Many people have reported issues running over 1.2. I'd stick with that. There is very little to gain with pushing it further....
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Now I just need to figure out how to update... My "Boot" Partition of the SD Card has disappeared, and usually that is where you put things to update. Oh well, guess I'll just have to format and restart.

Well not sure if it would be the same since your running off a SD card but i just changed from Phiremod test2 lastnight, tried the honeycomb and after that was underwhelming went to the nightly 155 with the latest Dalingrin's OC kernel.

I have to say its very stable for me, seems quick and ive had no issues with things not working. And battery life so far is outstanding, better than i was getting with the phiremod it seems so far. Dont have hard numbers right now but i can post something in the next day or so if your interested with battery life.