I'm not having any luck.

Red Lightning

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been following the instructions and seem to burn the image to my SD Micro card. My Nook Color will not boot from the card. I was using winimage as administrator.

I'm using Windows 7, 32 bit, on a Toshiba laptop. The SD MIcro card is 32 gig, class 6, installed in an adapter in laptops SD slot.

A coworker has a card, 16 gig sandisk, class 4. His nook color duel boots perfectly. His SD Card in my nook also boots correctly. After getting desparate, I copied his SD card to a new folder on my desktop and then copied to my sd card. The listings appear identical. I put my newly loaded card in my nook, it will not boot.

I'm not sure if my coworker did his own mod or if he purchased it. It says cyanmod 7 when it loads. This is what I see on the SD card:

.android_secure
B&N Downloads
LOST.DIR
My Files
MLO
u-boot.bak
U-boot.bin
uImage
uRamdisk
uRecImg
uRecRam

The first four are folders that are seemingly emtpy. The final 6 are files that show a size.

Can anyone advise me? I keep rolling snake eyes on this deal. At this point, it's become a mission and I'm not seeing success. Thanks for reading.

Red.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Try burning the image with Win32 Disk Imager.

The reason copying the other sd card didn't work is that his card has 4 partitions and you only copied the first one, as Windows only views the first partition.

I would also suggest getting a sandisk card as it runs cm7, a million times better than any other brand.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

muaetsy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had problems loading CM7 too and it was the card. I used winimage and that didn't work so I tried Win32 and that didn't work so I came on here and got the info about the sandisk sdcard.
I bought a 8gb class 4 Sandisk, used Win32 to burn the image and then it worked like a charm.I then used easus partition manager to gain control of the rest of my card for storage.

If it works right you will see a the linux penguin and some blue text going, your NC will reboot and then you will see the cyanmod android on a skateboard

Good luck!

I've been following the instructions and seem to burn the image to my SD Micro card. My Nook Color will not boot from the card. I was using winimage as administrator.

I'm using Windows 7, 32 bit, on a Toshiba laptop. The SD MIcro card is 32 gig, class 6, installed in an adapter in laptops SD slot.

A coworker has a card, 16 gig sandisk, class 4. His nook color duel boots perfectly. His SD Card in my nook also boots correctly. After getting desparate, I copied his SD card to a new folder on my desktop and then copied to my sd card. The listings appear identical. I put my newly loaded card in my nook, it will not boot.

I'm not sure if my coworker did his own mod or if he purchased it. It says cyanmod 7 when it loads. This is what I see on the SD card:

.android_secure
B&N Downloads
LOST.DIR
My Files
MLO
u-boot.bak
U-boot.bin
uImage
uRamdisk
uRecImg
uRecRam

The first four are folders that are seemingly emtpy. The final 6 are files that show a size.

Can anyone advise me? I keep rolling snake eyes on this deal. At this point, it's become a mission and I'm not seeing success. Thanks for reading.

Red.

Red Lightning

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, I'll give it a go with win32 first, The only reason i didn't was the thread says it doesn't work well with the large program, honeycomb (I guess). If that doesn't play, then i guess I'll go sandisk, disappointing as I just bought the 32 gig. I wonder what the difference in brand is??

Another question, are there noticable differences between Honeycomb and Gingerbread? I am absolutely new to this technology, trying to learn, and I just seem to keep creating more questions.

I understand about not copying all partitions of the card, what would happen if the card was in the laptop and the card (drive E in this case) were backed up? Could the backup be used to load a fresh card? The coworker & I wondered if that might work.

Again, thanks, I'm greatful for the help.

Red.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, I'll give it a go with win32 first, The only reason i didn't was the thread says it doesn't work well with the large program, honeycomb (I guess). If that doesn't play, then i guess I'll go sandisk, disappointing as I just bought the 32 gig. I wonder what the difference in brand is??

Another question, are there noticable differences between Honeycomb and Gingerbread? I am absolutely new to this technology, trying to learn, and I just seem to keep creating more questions.

I understand about not copying all partitions of the card, what would happen if the card was in the laptop and the card (drive E in this case) were backed up? Could the backup be used to load a fresh card? The coworker & I wondered if that might work.

Again, thanks, I'm greatful for the help.

Red.

There is a MAJOR difference between cm7 and honeycomb. Honeycomb is pretty much unuseable as it is not based off official source code. Do not use it. It is the buggist rom you could use.

They only way I know of to back up multiple SD card partitions is to use linex. Maybe someone else knows how to get it done on windows.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

tanalee

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

.android_secure
B&N Downloads
LOST.DIR
My Files
MLO
u-boot.bak
U-boot.bin
uImage
uRamdisk
uRecImg
uRecRam

Red.
Aloha...

I've seen many, many posts on the subject of dual booting where the problem came down to the SD card. San Disk Class 4 has always been the winner.

Tana-Lee

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance