Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Business Gingersense 3.0

Default Facebook app force closes every time cm7.1.rc1

I flashed the cm7.1 release candidate about two days ago and now the facebook app force closes everytime that I try to use it. I uninstalled and went to the market to reinstall thinking that there may be a newer version and the market would not allow me to install. The app showed up in a search but there was no download or install button. I restored my backup from titanium backup thinking that I might just be able to update that in the market but it wouldn't allow me to do that either. The version that I had backed up was much older than the version now available from the market. I tried hitting menu>my apps to see if that might spark an update option and the list did not even include the app even though it was installed at the time. I assume that this is because it was installed via titanium and not the market. Has anyone else had trouble with this app in the rc1? I ran fix permissions but that did absolutely nothing to help the situation.

**Edit** I was able to fix the facebook issue by searching google and downloading the most recent apk but I noticed that many other apps presented the same inability to download. They show up and show the normal screen with screen shots and reviews but no option to download or install es file explorer and astro file manager did this along with facebook just to name a few. Is there some sort of compatibility issue going on. I have never had this trouble and I have run cm7.0.1 and 0.2 and nookie froyo. I did change the build.prop file so that I could use netflix a long time ago but that hasn't ever caused any problems until now.
    Last edited by bwat1009; 08-31-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: partially resolved issue

Default Re: Facebook app force closes every time cm7.1.rc1

I was able to fix the facebook issue by searching google and downloading the most recent apk but I noticed that many other apps presented the same inability to download. They show up and show the normal screen with screen shots and reviews but no option to download or install es file explorer and astro file manager did this along with facebook just to name a few. Is there some sort of compatibility issue going on. I have never had this trouble and I have run cm7.0.1 and 0.2 and nookie froyo. I did change the build.prop file so that I could use netflix a long time ago but that hasn't ever caused any problems until now.
    There are a ton of posts here regarding missing apps in the market and not being able to download app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Business Gingersense 3.0

Default Re: Facebook app force closes every time cm7.1.rc1

Thanks for the responses. But I just reverted back to the old market by uninstalling upates to the market app via manage applications setting. Hate not having new marker but the old one works. I might try that though thx...