Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nook Color 2

Anything new on the Nook Color 2 that Digitimes reported on a few days ago? All the reports that I saw from tech blogs were just regurgitations of the Digitimes report. I want to get a Nook Color after being on the fence for months but now I think I should wait until a new generation of Nook Color hits the market.Learning about the N2A card finally pushed me over the edge. I'd love to see a bigger/faster processor in the next NC. I hope B&N sticks with the 7" format. IMHO that's a perfect size for carrying around in a brief case or a rucksack and for reading books at night in bed.
    HTC One M8
    (Prev: , Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Atrix, Blackberry 9700, Moto Q Global)

Nothing new since then. I'm hoping for a dual core and that's about it.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Default Re: Nook Color 2

I'm still really happy with my device and it hasn't got me itching for an upgrade just yet. When they DO come out with a "NookColor2" I'm hoping to see a few changes like fully functioning bluetooth, better quality speaker, and thinner hardware comparable to the iPad2. I agree, the 7" form factor is perfect for portability and reading books at night in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre-dawn raid View Post
    I'm still really happy with my device and it hasn't got me itching for an upgrade just yet. When they DO come out with a "NookColor2" I'm hoping to see a few changes like fully functioning bluetooth, better quality speaker, and thinner hardware comparable to the iPad2. I agree, the 7" form factor is perfect for portability and reading books at night in bed.
    I know I am in a "size" minority, but I would give anything to see an 8.9 inch version which would replicate the page size of a "trade paperback" which is as small as I would prefer to go for general reading. Its "carryabout" size would not be an issue.

With that said, I have read extensively with my NC v1 since last Novemeber and can definitely "make do"!

Global Posts
    34,936 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

It sounds like it will remain a 7" tablet (which I prefer), but I do think an 8.9" version would be cool to see.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Even if there are no plans for a NC2, once the new Kindle comes out there will definitely be a NC2...

Quote Originally Posted by HalizDad View Post
    Even if there are no plans for a NC2, once the new Kindle comes out there will definitely be a NC2...
    Why do you say that? All indications are that the new Kindle will be nothing more than a castrated Nook Color, ie; same specs but no SD bootability to put CM7 on it and a closed market like the stock Nook ROM. Maybe a color e-ink reader, but I doubt there will be any rush for one.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4