Evernote not showing in app market

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
After getting Honeycomb on my NC, I went looking for Evernote in the market to download. It doesn't seem to be there. A search for "Evernote" finds bunches of stuff but none of them are the official Evernote app. I went to Evernote site and tried to get it there and it would not let me download it.

Whats wrong with this picture?

(yes I searched the forum before asking :) )

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It is one of two things. A honeycomb problem or a market problem. Almost no one uses honeycomb because it is unstable and has a ton of bugs due to the fact that Google will not release the source code. Most people run cm7. If its a market problem try uninstalling market updates in setting and using the old market.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I can find it just fine on the market website and it is listed as compatible... at least with the NC running CM7. I don't think it is a market issue.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I do not see it in the market when I access it from the device. I can find it from the web site, but when I try to install I get that it is not compatible with my device. The only available device name is an odd name. So I'd guess its the device...but one poster says they saw it and installed it. So who knows.

I get it about CM7. I'm still a bit leary about which version to download (stable or most recent RC). I saw something about CM7 activating the dormant bluetooth radio which would be a major plus. But I have also seen other opinions that CM7 has its weaknesses with respect to "tablet-like" support. I have an extra 16gb card so I guess I can try both.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I do not see it in the market when I access it from the device. I can find it from the web site, but when I try to install I get that it is not compatible with my device. The only available device name is an odd name. So I'd guess its the device...but one poster says they saw it and installed it. So who knows.

I get it about CM7. I'm still a bit leary about which version to download (stable or most recent RC). I saw something about CM7 activating the dormant bluetooth radio which would be a major plus. But I have also seen other opinions that CM7 has its weaknesses with respect to "tablet-like" support. I have an extra 16gb card so I guess I can try both.

CM7 is the best rom for the nook period. No other rom comes close. I would suggest going with the one of the recent nightlys because the stables are WAY behind and even the RC is outdated. I am on nightly 175. CM7 is deficiently tablet optimized.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
OK I took the plunge with the RC. Once doing so, I was able to get Evernote loaded. So evidently there is a compatibility issue with the current version of Evernote and the Honeycomb release.

Interestingly, the way this one installed, it did what I had to do manually when I loaded Honeycomb. It partitioned out the remaining space on the card and made it available. On the Honeycomb load I had to run Minitool to regain the space.

The one thing I'm not fond of is the tiny icons. Honeycomb had much larger more readable icons. Maybe thats resolvable. Being still an Android newbie I'll have to mess with it. Will risk a nightly once I've gotten my feet wet with the RC, assuming there is good call to do so (bluetooth?).

Thanks all!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
OK I took the plunge with the RC. Once doing so, I was able to get Evernote loaded. So evidently there is a compatibility issue with the current version of Evernote and the Honeycomb release.

Interestingly, the way this one installed, it did what I had to do manually when I loaded Honeycomb. It partitioned out the remaining space on the card and made it available. On the Honeycomb load I had to run Minitool to regain the space.

The one thing I'm not fond of is the tiny icons. Honeycomb had much larger more readable icons. Maybe thats resolvable. Being still an Android newbie I'll have to mess with it. Will risk a nightly once I've gotten my feet wet with the RC, assuming there is good call to do so (bluetooth?).

Thanks all!

You can make icons and such bigger by increasing your dpi to something like 240

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
To get a "real" market that works do I need to flash CM7? I can type "Calendar" in a market search and it will come back "No items labeled Calendar found". I've had to sideload everything, which isn't a problem, but I can't download poweramp either. I only rooted stock 1.3.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So far so good except now Nook for Android won't install. Web market says it isn't compatible. Not a deal breaker since I'm using SD card run and can revert to stock but a bit annoying.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So far so good except now Nook for Android won't install. Web market says it isn't compatible. Not a deal breaker since I'm using SD card run and can revert to stock but a bit annoying.

That's probably because your market automatically updated to the new one. Go to settings/applications/market an uninstall the update and clear the data. Then uninstall the market updater app (I used Titanium Backup to first back it up and then uninstall it.) Now reboot. Search the market for the Nook Reader app and you should have a download button.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
THanks that worked and I like the older market view much better. The new one is slow and laggy. But...I didn't seem to be able to delete the market updater. Will try again later.

EDIT: Yeah there is no uninstall button on the page for the Market Updater. I was able to get nook installed and 10 minutes later the Market upgraded itself again. Well at least I got the nook app loaded. I HATE the new Market look and feel. So would much like to get rid of that updater thing.

Last edited:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
THanks that worked and I like the older market view much better. The new one is slow and laggy. But...I didn't seem to be able to delete the market updater. Will try again later.

EDIT: Yeah there is no uninstall button on the page for the Market Updater. I was able to get nook installed and 10 minutes later the Market upgraded itself again. Well at least I got the nook app loaded. I HATE the new Market look and feel. So would much like to get rid of that updater thing.

Download Titanium Backup. (If you can't in the new market, go back to the old again.) With Titanium backup you will have the ability to uninstall the market updater app.

Reactions: starbuckk