1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 8 gb mSD card with barely any space left after CM7

I'm thinking it has to do with the partitions on the mSD card, but I have this 8 gb card with barely any space left. Not enough to sync some music from Spotify, which is something I really wanted to do.

I followed the instructions to root here from . I remember when I did it, it seemed like my card was a lot more full than it should have been, considering they said you could use a 2 gb card.

I am really a novice when it comes to this stuff, so thanks for being patient with my questions!

The 4th partition should take up all available space.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 8 gb mSD card with barely any space left after CM7

so there is nothing to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Adibidah View Post
    so there is nothing to be done?
    Use a partition manager to make sure all available room is taken up by the 4th.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

If you wrote a 2 GB image to a 8 GB card, the rest of the space on the card won't be seen. As koopakid08 said, use a partition manager to reclaim the space. Easeus (free) does a good job.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So I can take the card out, use the partition manager, put the card in, and I won't lose anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Adibidah View Post
    So I can take the card out, use the partition manager, put the card in, and I won't lose anything?
    Yes, just resize the last partition (which may be labeled SD Card) to add the free space. It's pretty straightforward.