CyanogenMod-7.1.0 is released for NC

Captain Kana

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to update. I have been booting off a Pony SD card. I got a new SanDisk 8G, I thought some hangups were caused by the Pony card. Put everything on it, except now the new 7.1.0. It went through the Linux penguin to Flushing caches, powered down. When you power back up, it is supposed to boot into Mod7, instead it boots into B&N stock? It will still boot off the old card.
Any ideas?
I used this to create the bootable sd card.

Thanks Dan C.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What's different between this and 7.1.0-RC1 ???

New kernel with higher overclock, way faster boot up times, market fix, faster, lots of little stuff.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So I wanted to update. I have been booting off a Pony SD card. I got a new SanDisk 8G, I thought some hangups were caused by the Pony card. Put everything on it, except now the new 7.1.0. It went through the Linux penguin to Flushing caches, powered down. When you power back up, it is supposed to boot into Mod7, instead it boots into B&N stock? It will still boot off the old card.
Any ideas?
I used this to create the bootable sd card.

Thanks Dan C.

Did you make sure to run winimage as admin? Try win32 disk imager.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So can i flash over the RC or do i need to do a wipe?

You only need to wipe dalvik cache. All your data and apps should be safe but make a backup just in case.

Reactions: artcwolf

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I'm running nightly 212, any real need to update? Seems like the releases are so close together, not much would be changed.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

soundsource

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have spent the last 2 hours loosing my mind. I bought a refurb NC for my wife today and was going to put Sd Card run cm7 (RC) on it when i notice 7.1.0 Stable came out. i had a card all set with RC version, but then reformatted and put newest stable on it. I had the same thing happen that happened to Captain Kana. runs through code, all looks god, but then boots into stock. i tried reburning the image, tried 3 different cards, tried resetting NC. nothing worked. Finally decided to put 7.1.0 RC back on the card. It worked. Not sure why Stable version can't be loaded through new install. maybe someone can help me out from here? Can i upgrade inside ROM manager?

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There was a u-boot change required, but I don't recall if it was before or after the RC was released. When I had CM7 installed on a SD card, I used the procedure in this thread.

I think that upgrading with ROM Manager is only for eMMC installations, not SD card.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If running from SD card. Do NOT update through rom manager. This will install CM to your internal memory, erasing whatever is on there now.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Meh, I'm running nightly 212, any real need to update? Seems like the releases are so close together, not much would be changed.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

If you are keeping up with the nightlies you do not need to update.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There was a u-boot change required, but I don't recall if it was before or after the RC was released.

Both actually. The boot file was eventually incorporated into one of the nightlies, I think around 86 or so but not completely sure of the number.

Captain Kana

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have spent the last 2 hours loosing my mind. I bought a refurb NC for my wife today and was going to put Sd Card run cm7 (RC) on it when i notice 7.1.0 Stable came out. i had a card all set with RC version, but then reformatted and put newest stable on it. I had the same thing happen that happened to Captain Kana. runs through code, all looks god, but then boots into stock. i tried reburning the image, tried 3 different cards, tried resetting NC. nothing worked. Finally decided to put 7.1.0 RC back on the card. It worked. Not sure why Stable version can't be loaded through new install. maybe someone can help me out from here? Can i upgrade inside ROM manager?

I just noticed that my refurbed nook is running 1.2. Maybe that is the problem, I will update to 1.3 and give it a try.

Dan C.

Captain Kana

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If running from SD card. Do NOT update through rom manager. This will install CM to your internal memory, erasing whatever is on there now.

Oops. I think I did this yesterday. So this is probably causing some problems when I try to update the nook 1.2 to nook 1.3., and then it will not let me update to encore 7.1.0.

I can still run nook 1.2 and boot into 7.1.0 RC-1.

Dan C.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis