Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Error code 1069 with overdrive

Whenever I try to use overdrive to download a book from my library I get error code 1069. I am using the stock browser not dolphin or anything like that. Here is some info maybe you can help me fix this issue

Mod Ver: Cyanogenmod-7-1008211-NIGHTLY-encore
    Android Version: 2.3.7
    Build:GWK74
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9
    CPU: ARM v7 Processor rev2(v71)

Try the overdrive app. Next tine only make one thread.

---------------------------------
    Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Error code 1069 with overdrive

Sorry about the double post It never showed up so I thought something messed up when I sent it. Also i am using the overdrive app not the browser

Have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Overdrive Console app?
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I got this error today and was frustrated until I did figure out how to solve it.

The circumstances of my error were as follows: I loaded the Overdrive app on my phone and successfully downloaded an ePub book from my local public library. I had to authorize the app with my Adobe id in the process.

Then I uninstalled the app, so I could show my wife how to re-install it. We re-installed it, and then added our local public library back to the library list in the app. When we tried to download a book, we got the 1069 error - it said it could not find a file (data/data/com.overdrive.mobile.android/mediaconsole/files/.adobe-digital-editions/activation.xml).

Eventually (and thanks to some trouble-shooting directions posted at http://www.icpl.org/emedia/pdf/overd...leshooting.pdf) we went to the app menu within Overdirve and opted to de-authorize the app, and then re-authorized it. That worked.

Apparently the problem was that the re-installed app "knew" that it had been authorized, but the authorization file was missing. Deauthorizing and then reauthorizing recreated the file, and all is well.

I hope this helps anybody else who runs into this problem.

I have tried your suggestion. The last error message I received was"error importing Adobe EBPU. Premature end of document. (positionLline-1, column1) caused by apache.harmony.xml. ExpatParser$OarseException:At line1,column 0:no element found (error code 1069)

Deleted by Labarum
    Last edited by Labarum; 08-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.