New to Nook CM7 need app help

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Nook Color and just recently installed CM7 to boot off an SD card (8gb class 4 SD card) for my 13 year old daughter.

Everything appears to have worked...but I have a few bugs I am trying to troubleshoot.

- You Tube: loads but will not play. Just stuck in the loading circle icon when trying to play video

- Facebook: Constant FC - I read somewhere that installing an older version may help...but I don't know where to find this apk

- Pinger TextFree: this is the one she really wants. It installs fine but wont load...loops the main screen

I also have a general question about Gapps. I really wanted my gmail account to be the main account and hers to be a sub account. Do any of you know if there will permission issues with doing this? Or is there a better way to work this.

Thanks
Diane

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
For YouTube, try stopping it right away and choosing a lower resolution.

For Facebook you can download a Fake GPS app to simulate a device with GPS. I have also seen a suggestion about turning on location services in settings but have not explored further.

No, one account per device. I suppose it is possible to set up a dual CM7 boot on the SD card so that you can have 2 separate accounts but I have not seen this discussed....

Reactions: stlarenas

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Nook Color and just recently installed CM7 to boot off an SD card (8gb class 4 SD card) for my 13 year old daughter.

Everything appears to have worked...but I have a few bugs I am trying to troubleshoot.

- You Tube: loads but will not play. Just stuck in the loading circle icon when trying to play video

- Facebook: Constant FC - I read somewhere that installing an older version may help...but I don't know where to find this apk

- Pinger TextFree: this is the one she really wants. It installs fine but wont load...loops the main screen

I also have a general question about Gapps. I really wanted my gmail account to be the main account and hers to be a sub account. Do any of you know if there will permission issues with doing this? Or is there a better way to work this.

Thanks
Diane

What version of CM7 are you using? These all sound like bugs that occurred in older nigthlies and older stable versions. I believe CM7.1 stable was released, you should try that. The Facebook issue is because there is no GPS in the nook, and I believe there is an app that emulates a GPS. Download that, and you should be all set.

Sent from my CM7'd NookColor using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Textfree seems to not be compatible with tablets. You might want to try a different texting app such as text plus or even google voice.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all.

Fake GPS seems to have fixed Facebook altogether. And textfree works too... but is a little buggy.

I found and older version of youtube that seems to work.. but it seems slow.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance