installed CM7 on SD card, now Win 7 wants to format it (no gapps)

stubish

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Did some cursory searching but no answer yet. Please direct me to the solution thread if it already exists.

I had some success installing 7.1 with the size agnostic image, windiskimg32. It installs, and up comes CM7 all happy. Attaches to my network like a champ.

I need to install gapps, have the zip file but the problem is that when I re-insert the sd card into my Windows7 computer (x64) it refuses to see it, and the popup simply states that I'll need to format the card before doing anything.

partition manager sees a 118 mb raw partition and that's it. Cm7 reports 5 gig or so of available space.

the card is a pny 8 gb class 4 card, bought from a local computer store.

I've successfully wiped the card with the nook stock software (in another thread here I believe). and tried several times over, all with the same result. I can't see anywhere to enable usb mass storage, nor does my computer see the nook when it's plugged in Via usb running CM7

I've seen I may need a usb reader for the micro SD card, however I've not got one, tried it in another laptop with the SD adapter and no go there either.

Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, and I'm glad to be here!
Stuart

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: installed CM7 on SD card, now Win 7 wants to format it (no ga

You can put the gapps file on the sdcard at the same time as the cm7 file when you initially create the SD card. When you load the SD card for the first time it will install CM7, then install gapps back to back. No need to do them one at a time.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You can put the gapps file on the sdcard at the same time as the cm7 file when you initially create the SD card. When you load the SD card for the first time it will install CM7, then install gapps back to back. No need to do them one at a time.

Actually, no, since CM7.1 was released, the GApps now need to be installed after the initial boot. I have heard of some using an SD Card USB reader, you could try that.

Sent from my CM7.1'd, ICS Themed NookColor using Tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Actually, no, since CM7.1 was released, the GApps now need to be installed after the initial boot. I have heard of some using an SD Card USB reader, you could try that.

Sent from my CM7.1'd, ICS Themed NookColor using Tapatalk

Where did you read that? ROM Manager still flashes both at the same time.

stubish

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

a usb card reader fixed the issue. For anyone banging your head, jump on ebay or go to your local computer store and get one. Problem solved for me.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Where did you read that? ROM Manager still flashes both at the same time.

This is also if you ate booting from the SD Card... internal, I know nothing about. He seems to be talking about SD.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis