Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Just got email notification for 1.4.1 update

Anybody brave enough to update? I for one do not want to lose CM7 if what was written in another thread is true, and the boot loader was messed with.

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

What's the point? If you like CM7, stick with it. Besides, I read over on XDA that this update is still 2.2.1 with the same old kernel, so I don't know what could have been messed with. If you want it, and you're willing to take the risk, go for it, but otherwise, don't

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by sarlo100 View Post
    Anybody brave enough to update? I for one do not want to lose CM7 if what was written in another thread is true, and the boot loader was messed with.
    Lol, people post crap that they know nothing about. It is basically IMPOSSIBLE for BN to lock the bootloader with an update because it is stored on the hardware with only read access. 1.4 is safe but there really isn't any point in updating.

---------------------------------
    Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Default Re: Just got email notification for 1.4.1 update

Updating will enable Netflix ~ if you like Netflix then do it
    I updated and like the little improvements.
    Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it ~ Woody Allen

I tried the update 3 times yesterday and all failed...so obviously I am doing something wrong, but I am not sure what.

The error messages were
    ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying...
    E:failed to verify whole file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

Then it wipes the update file and requests reboot!

Any suggestions or observations will be most helpful

Thanks

Remove CWM.

Man, the netflix app on this really sucks. It took me a few minutes to even realize my queue was mixed in with all the genre collections. There isn't any dedicated section for your queue like in the normal app.

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clak View Post
    Remove CWM.

Man, the netflix app on this really sucks. It took me a few minutes to even realize my queue was mixed in with all the genre collections. There isn't any dedicated section for your queue like in the normal app.
    Worked like a charm for me.

These improvements do work: Among the new features, NOOK Color v1.4.1 now offers access to streaming popular movies and TV shows through Netflix, comics and graphic novels, new PagePerfect NOOK Books, reading NOOK Books in portrait and landscape modes...
    Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it ~ Woody Allen