safe to update to 1.4 running CM7 on SD?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,
just bought a used NookColor & immediately set it up & got CM7 running on the mSD card.
popped out the card, and its stock.
i'm not sure if i'm technically rooted since i'm not running the ROM from the internal memory--but from the mSD slot. i'm pretty sure the NC is ROM bootable via the expandable storage--so i'm not sure how that plays into root vs stock here.

anyways--here's my question:
currently on 1.3 (or 1.0.3, whatever) software. if prompted for 1.4, is it ok to accept or will the acceptance break the ability to run CM7 off of the mSD card?
or--if i accept it--will i have to rebuild the card w/ the files and compile it for compatibility with 1.4 software?

reason i ask is b/c i'm giving this to my wife as a Christmas present--so i want her to be able to enjoy the NC in it's most simplistic form as an e-reader, but still be able to pop in CM7 & show her it works better as tablet at times :)

dlg47

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to NC 1.4.1 last week and was able to boot from my CM7 SD just fine after the upgrade with no rebuilding of CM7 on the SD.

When you run CM7 from the SD, your NC is not rooted. It remains stock.

HTH

Reactions: project.in.process

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to NC 1.4.1 last week and was able to boot from my CM7 SD just fine after the upgrade with no rebuilding of CM7 on the SD.

When you run CM7 from the SD, your NC is not rooted. It remains stock.

HTH

that's what i thought----abut i had to be completely sure.
and the fact that you are running the same ROM & just updated it all the better.

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci