Can't read any mobi or epub files on rooted Nook Color

djrobsd

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have several books in both mobi and epub format, and I can not view them in either the Nook App or the Kindle App. I heard that the Kindle app for Android supports side-loading, but I can't find any way within the app to do this, and not sure WHERE to copy the files onto the nook.

I tried copying them in Calibre. The device shows up as a Nook in Calibre. When I do it, none of the books show up when I fire up the Nook app for Android.

I'm not sure if I'm not copying the books to the right place or if these people just don't want us to read books that aren't purchased from within their apps, but either way it's driving me mad.

I would really prefer to use the Nook or Kindle app, all the 3rd party ebook app's I've tried on the Droid really suck in comparison.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to the Kindle app; but with The Nook app you copy the files to the My Documents folder within the Nook folder (found that out the hard way...). The only thing is that when you look them up (under My Files dropdown in the Nook app), you won't see the actual book covers, just placeholders with the book title on them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084