Installing CM7 and not having any luck

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten my son a Nook Color for Christmas this year and he loves it. The problem is things on the freakin B&N site are really expensive and are not all the things we can do on the normal Android operating systems that I have. I rock a Droid Bionic (Stock) and a Xoom 4G (also stock!) but the nook needs some help. On my android devices I have a load of apps and things like that as well as the Amazon.com Appstore that gives a free app every day. I have been collecting the apps since day one, so there is no shortage of apps for my son to have, play with, do what ever with.

Okay, so, here's what I can do. I have the abilities to easily install ClockWork on my SD card, using a class 2 16 gig, or a class 4 4 gig. Both work for me equally well, but the 4 gig rolls faster so I have primarily been using that one. I have so far been able to install the HoneyComb v4 that is able to boot and run well enough, just a few things missing and a few things not working. I want to compare that to the CM7. I have both booted the HoneyComb on the SD card at first, but the speed would drive me insane, so I don't want to make him suffer with it either. So I then booted the HC v4 on the internal memory. That worked faster, but still had a few things that I didn't like how it was operating. I didn't have it in long enough to make sure it was rooted. I don't believe it was. I want to root it maybe if CM7 doesn't seem to work.

Now, on the CM7 stuff. I have put every version of CM7 that I can get my hands on on this thing. I put 7.1, 7.0.3, 7.0.2, 7.0.1, I have put nightlies from 249-253 I think, and they all come up with the same outcome. Which I will get to in a moment.

This is my method.

Make the boot disk out of the MicroSD card using WinImage and that works precisely as advertised.
Then, I format system, format data and format cache. Then I install from SD card, and I choose, and I do the random flavor of CM7 that I am trying this time, then I go gapps and then I take out the card and I do a system reboot. When I do the reboot, it powers on just fine and I stick in the screen shot I have attached. I have left it for an hour at a time, half hour on some builds, the current one as I sit here typing has been sitting at this screen for about 43 minutes. Last night I put 7.0.2 on and let it sit over night. I don't think I would require any more allowing it to load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking like I will end up at the older version of HoneyComb with the few errors and apps not installing the way I want them to if I can't get this to work.

Thanks

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I did not. BUT, I did however do a bit more research again and find that I was using an older ClockWork Mod version... I don't know if that did it or the simple fact that there was another tip that you need to have an empty SD card in there did it, but whatever did it, between the time I sent that post and now, I re did it and I am now up and running.

Thanks for the reply, though.

I will put up the link I read from in just a second.

Here is the link I read from the last time:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1030227

If you are having this problem I was having I suggest you do the following two things.

First, make sure you are using CWM 3.2.0.1 and then be sure to have another MicroSD card handy or use that same MicroSD formatted FAT32. Whatever was different, worked.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy