Change Market ID on CM7 ROM-ed nook

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make the market think the CM7 ROM-ed nook is a different device?

Since I upgraded to CM7.1 for some reason the market thinks it is a different device now. When I first put CM7 on it I set it to something, somehow and now I cannot remember how I did it or what I set it to. i:)i

Some software, mainly Swiftkey X tablet for now, thinks it is an incompatible device and it is not letting me re-install it. SwiftKey X Tablet was on there and working fine before.

So I just need a way to make the Market think it is a compatible device and a recommended device ID to use that is the most compatible with most of the software out there.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That does indeed help. That was probably how I did it last time, I simply could not remember. I will Google more now that I have something to Google for. Thanks! i:Di

AnimeMania

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings> About Tablet. There you can see the Model Number, which will tell which device
the tablet is set for. Mine says NookColor, note there is no space between the words.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine also says NookColor. However the market is not seeing it as compatible with Swiftkey X Tablet and I DID have that installed from there before. Weird.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, stable. I did not want to test betas.
It runs fine, just cannot get Swiftkey and a few other games etc.. to be recognized as compatible when they used to be.

I can still see the old NookColor 7.0.1 that did work listed and ghosted in the device list in the market . Once I went to 7.1 I got a new entry on the Market that just does not seem to work now for some, not all, programs.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams