[ROMS]NEW! Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard [1/19]

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello NookPeeps!

TRIPLE-BOOT your nook color with Stock on EMMC and Dualboot CM7/CM9 on your SDcard!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 3/7/12: Sorry guys for not updating here recently. But thanks to "eyeballer" and "kevank" from TeamWin for setting me up with a folder on their Techerrata server. Now all files are much more organized when it comes to hosting them. You can find all updates and the DualbootSD Image here --> www.techerrata.com/browse/nook/racks. :)
________________________________________________________________________________

Update 1/19/12: New flashable zip update built this morning. See XDA OP HERE for download and instructions. :)

Update 1/17/12: Gapps Calendar, Email and TTS Fix. See bottom of post for download and instructions. :)

Hey all, just wanted to spread some love to Androidcentral.com with my DualbootSD. Not sure if I'm allowed to do so by linking to my original thread over at XDA, but I might not be here too often. So if you need assistance or get the latest updates and what not.

You can check out my thread here --> Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard

Mods please edit accordingly if what I just posted is against guidelines.

I've just prepped a new IMG file that you can dualboot Mirage CM7 Kang and the latest greatest ICS CM9 off one SDcard. I did this because I do love ICS but still have the need to go back to CM7 for my own personal reasons, but figured I'd share it with everyone as well.

1-I've prepped the image file to be 3.7gb, so that no one will have issue's burning it to a 4gb SDcard or larger.

2-Both roms share the same SDcard partition. So on a 4gb card, the available space is limited to 1.4gb.

3-If you use an 8gb SDcard. To get use of the remaining storage on your SDcard. Just burn the image and then use EASUS Partition Manager to extend the SDcard partition. (Which is the 7th partition on the card)

4-Primary boot is Mirage CM7 Kang from his 01/13/2012 build (uImage/uRamdisk)
-V6 SuperCharger by zeppelinrox included (read below on how to install)

5-Secondary boot is ICS CM9 was built on 01/14/2012 with the following additions (uAltRam/uAltImg):
-Added telephony-permissions-fix by Samiam303 to allow phone specific apps to show in market
-Added bootanimation fix by Homer_S_XDA (make sure you thank him)
-Make sure you thank Samiam303 for posting the zips on his thread here

6-Gapps included but not baked into the rom, read below to find out how to install

7-This .img also includes a modded CWM Recovery that only works with .zips from this thread. Do not use it to flash with anything else besides .zips prepped by me for this thread!

Please follow below instructions completely before posting issues!
___________________________________________________________________________________

1-Download the .zip at the bottom of this post

2-Follow the same directions as you would burn a NookieFroyo SDcard from NookDevs.com here.

3-After you burn the card, plug the SDcard into your nook and power on. Leave it alone and it will boot to the primary boot which is Mirage CM7 Kang and connect to a wifi connection.

4-Power off nook or reboot and boot to secondary boot which is ICS CM9 by holding down the volup+voldown together during boot and it should boot up Alternate Boot which is (uAltImg/uAltRam)

5-Once booted to ICS CM9, again connect to a wifi and then power off.

6-Now power on nook again and this time hold down the (n) button to get to the boot menu and choose SD Boot --> uRecImg/uRecRam.

7-Choose to 'Install zip from SDcard --> Choose zip from SDcard --> Now choose, gapps-GB-20110828-signed-DualbootSD.zip. Once that's completed now choose, gapps-ICS-20111125-2-DualbootSD.zip

8-After you're done flashing both Gapps, now you're ready to boot into your roms and sign into market. I don't think I need to go any further explaining how to do so.

9-Optional, but if you want to supercharge your Mirage CM7 Kang with the V6 SuperCharger Script by zeppelinrox. All you have to do is boot the Mirage and start up Terminal Emulator and do the following:
- su
- cd /sdcard
- sh V6*
- choose option 0 (fastest scroll)
- choose 9
- choose option 16 to reboot

10-Please be patient with your roms. Give it a minute or two on first boot. It also depends on what brand and class of SDcard you have. I've tested it on both a Sandisk 8gb Class 4, as well as a PNY 4gb Class 2. The roms ran much better on the Sandisk than it did on the PNY card. Read this thread by Blue6IX for more info on SDcard read/write speeds.

11-Oh for the ones that are gonna take this image and start selling it on Ebay as well as N2A, you guys suck!! :mad: But to each his own I guess. :)

12-And finally enjoy your DualbootSD roms!! Now you can triple-boot your nook!

Take it or leave it, just hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to all the devs for all their hard work in getting these great ROMs for our Nook Color.

Credits:
Fattire and the CyanogenMod Team
Koush(for his CWM Recovery)
Samiam303
Mrg666 (for Mirage CM7 Kang)
Homer_S_XDA (for the bootanim fix)
zeppelinrox (for the V6 SuperCharger Script)
If I'm forgetting someone, please let me know!

Download:
Mirage_CM7_ICS_CM9_DualbootSD.img
MD5: 819bc0f3bf9f8d70a8600803abfb6978
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 1/17/12:
-Choose 'Install zip from SDcard' --> Choose zip from sdcard --> gapps-ics-calendar-email-tts-fix-DualbootSD.zip
-After done flashing, reboot and you should be good to go!

Download:

If I've helped in some way, please say thanks in one way or another!:D

Thanks,
Racks

Last edited:

MoonlightSoldier

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROMS]NEW! Dualboot Mirage CM7 / ICS CM9 Image for SDcard [1/

Downloading know, cant wait to boot it up!

EDIT: Done, very cool. Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the comments. I haven't posted it here yet. But I also have a flash able zip to fix calendar,email and tts syncing issues for the ICS rom. Will post in the AM. :)

Thanks,
Racks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jackchaos

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Update 1/19/12:

OP udpated with a fix for google calendar, email, tts syncing issues. It says 1/17 because that's when I updated it at XDA. Don't want people thinking theres something different here so I left the same update date up.

Thanks,
Racks

Reactions: jackchaos

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

OP updated with info for new Flashable zip built 1-19-2012. Should have fix for multitouch issues.

Thanks,
Racks

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

This is awesome and am looking to get it setup, but was just wondering about the partitioning to be able to use the additional space on my 8gb. I haven't done that before. Any instructions on how to do that? Thanks.

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

If you're on a PC, I would suggest using EASUS Partition Manager to extend the last partition to the end. On linux, you can use Gparted. On Mac you can use IPartition.

-Racks

Reactions: fcjr77

Anniraff

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Racks, I can't get your upload site to connect. Any alternates available to DL roms, etc?

jackchaos

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

Racks, I can't get your upload site to connect. Any alternates available to DL roms, etc?

If you go to the multiupload download link that racks provided and choose the deposit files download link it should work. It just worked for me on 1/26/12 @ 8:30am (CST) ... It took about 30 mins to download the 372MB file.

Reactions: poppy3378

swabidooda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Hi Racks !!

First of all: AWESOME JOB!! Thank you so much for all your work and for freely sharing it to the community!
Following your instructions I was able to triple boot my NC without a flaw...

With one exception though that troubled me. Being rather nooby on the matter I hope someone could help me out here...
The problem is that I can?t manage to make use of the whole space of my card.
After I burned your image to the card I expanded the last partitiion (sd) to the full extend of the 16GB - I used EASEUS partition master as well as another tool - both programs worked fine and in both of them the card is memory-wise recognized as a 16GB with about 13GB of available remaining space (see screenshot attached).

For some reason windows only reads it as a 115MB card with 102MB of free space! (see screenshot attached) - same with the NC (1.4.1) itself - so there?s not even enough space left to copy and run your updated files to it. I very much would like to be able to make use of the remaining GBs on the card but several attempts turned out all with the same result. As stated above I used different partitioning tools as well as WinImage AND win32diskimager when it came to the burning process - it always ended up with 115MB and the (sucessfull!) resizing of the sd partition apparently didn?t help at all.

Where am I wrong? I formatted the card several times (standard FAT32) using Windows as well as Panasonic SD formatter.
Could it be an issue with the card itself? Wrong mount points? alas, I do know way to little to fiddle with that!
I?d be very happy if someone could help me out here provide me with a little advice/how to fix!!
:-[

Again - big or small - thanks again for sharing this jewel, Racks!

sincerest regards, swabidooda

edit: I just recalled that two months ago I had a dualboot CM7 on the same card before where I was able to make use of the remaining memory by resizing the unallocated space on the card. Does it may have to do with the mirage image provided then?

Last edited:

dlj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Your EASEUS screenshot shows that your card is partitioned correctly. With the SD card in your computer, Windows can only see the first partition on the card, but you can connect to the card in your Nook using USB. Eject the card from your computer, put it in the Nook and boot into CM7. Now connect the Nook to your computer using the USB cord. When the connection is made, you should get a notification on the Nook saying USB is connected. Tap this notification and turn on USB storage. A new drive should then show up in My Computer (Windows Explorer), called "CM7 SD Drive". A second new drive, 'media' may also show up...this is the internal storage on the Nook. You can now drag and drop files between the computer and your Nook.
If you don't like to hassle with USB cords, there are several file manager apps in the Market that will connect the Nook and your computer using your local wifi network. I use ES File Explorer and it works very well for transferring files.
I think some people use Dropbox (slow) or email (even slower) to transfer files, but I think you'll be most satisfied using USB or wifi.

Reactions: racks11479

racks11479

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Hi Racks !!

First of all: AWESOME JOB!! Thank you so much for all your work and for freely sharing it to the community!
Following your instructions I was able to triple boot my NC without a flaw...
...snippet

Thank you for the kind words. It's people such as yourself that keeps me motivated to keep doing my little part for the nook community! :D

Please follow directions as stated above by 'dlj'. Also, there are updates to my dualbootsd as well. Just don't have the time to keep updating more than one forum. Check OP for where most recent updates will be.

Thanks,
Racks

swabidooda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

thanks dlj - very much appreciated!!!
the funny thing is I tried that in the first place. connecting the usb cable in CM7 ... nothing happened at all on the device, so I thought something is missing. When I tried later again after several reboots it suddenly showed up!
In the meantime I found out another way to transfer files - in the CWM, under storage and mounts you can mount usb on the very bottom. pooof! and there it pops up in windows!!! one can make use of that without booting into the rom!

again - thanks for pointing me into the right directions!!
swabidooda

Your EASEUS screenshot shows that your card is partitioned correctly. With the SD card in your computer, Windows can only see the first partition on the card, but you can connect to the card in your Nook using USB. Eject the card from your computer, put it in the Nook and boot into CM7. Now connect the Nook to your computer using the USB cord. When the connection is made, you should get a notification on the Nook saying USB is connected. Tap this notification and turn on USB storage. A new drive should then show up in My Computer (Windows Explorer), called "CM7 SD Drive". A second new drive, 'media' may also show up...this is the internal storage on the Nook. You can now drag and drop files between the computer and your Nook.
If you don't like to hassle with USB cords, there are several file manager apps in the Market that will connect the Nook and your computer using your local wifi network. I use ES File Explorer and it works very well for transferring files.
I think some people use Dropbox (slow) or email (even slower) to transfer files, but I think you'll be most satisfied using USB or wifi.

swabidooda

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the kind words. It's people such as yourself that keeps me motivated to keep doing my little part for the nook community! :D

Please follow directions as stated above by 'dlj'. Also, there are updates to my dualbootsd as well. Just don't have the time to keep updating more than one forum. Check OP for where most recent updates will be.

Thanks,
Racks

hi Racks!
saying "thank you" is the least one can (& should!) do... I only can imagine how much work and effort such an undergoing takes, especially when look at all the little hickups & troubles that I am stuck with for hours together!!!
haha...

I am aware of the other forum - to my deepest regret people like me are not allowed to post there.. :p
(especially since I am running into the same problems as mechanic54 posted recently!!)

saon02

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I would like to start out saying Thank You for your hard work and time. Everything is working great from the card Image. I am running into an issue with getting the updates and the gapp fix to install from the boot loader. I have removed the card from my NC and its in a Micro sdreader - copies over fine but when i boot the cwm loader i cant seem to find those items to install. It shows me the cm7 & cm9 gapp installer files that i already used when setting everything up. Any help or even direction to what im doing wrong would be wonderful. I have gone threw both fourms trying to find the answer. Thanks in advance.
saon

JohnGoodin

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Could you please repost the image files to Mediafire.com? Because of all the file sharing sites that went down after the action against Megaupload the download site in your post is unavailable.

jgolden

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROMS]NEW! Dualboot Mirage CM7/ICS CM9 Image for SDcard [3/3]

I'm still having problems with the Download that was posted last night @ http://techerrata.com/browse/nook/racks

The file is only 88.35 mb whereas the file from 3/2 was 320mb.
Is this the correct size for the compressed image?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12