Need help; Nook stuck in re-boot loop

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted NC running Cyanogen Mod 7.1
I just attempted to update the Google apps using Clockwork. Upon re-boot, it just loops non-stop, and I can't break the process.
All is backed up, but I've tried everything that I know to stop this loop of "Touch the Future of Reading" then to a blank screen, over and over. I tried removing the micro SD card, I tried holding down the power+Nook button, does anybody know how I can get the unit to stop this loop, and let me enter safe mode to re-boot an older backed up ROM?
I need to find a way to interrupt this endless loop, and all the combinations of button pressing and card removal have not worked - PLEASE HELP!
:confused:

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think I made it clear; I cant do any commands that the page you sent me to suggests; I cant get the unit to any sort of menu. It's in a perpetual re-boot-loop that I cannot seem to interrupt. Is there a special process that I can do to interrupt the cycle it is in?

Apologies for the double post; New to the site, I thought the first post was buried in the hijacked thread.

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
to add to the above, when I go to the page showing how to restore the unit, the first step is to shut down the Nook. I cannot shut it down. It continues in this perpetual loop @ boot, until the batter dies. Then I charge it, and 15 mins. later, it starts the loop again. Is there some combination of buttons that maybe I have not tried? Do I need to disassemble it to remove the battery?
Or do I toss it in the garbage and buy an iPad?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Read it all again. You need to create a new bootable card. As to the booting issue, let it run down, then put the new card in and then plug in the charger and let it charge up for a few hours. Plugging it in should force the boot from the new SD card and into CWR. You can let it just sit there for a while whiel it charges before going through the rest of the steps.

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. In process, I'll report back after.
As of this time (Friday @ 12:55) it appears that www.multiupload.com is having issues when I try to download the images. I'm timing out, with an error msg: "the connection has timed out".
Any idea what's causing this? Any other download destinations?

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas why I can't get www.multiupload.com to load in my browser, so that I can download the bootable clockwork recovery image for my non-functioning Nook color?
I've tried Firefox & IE, no luck, the page keeps timing out.
Is there an alternate site where I can download this image?
Please4 help.
BTW - I am a premium Clockwork customer, and clockwork caused my problem while trying to update the Google apps on my current image.

dandatt

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Download successful. One additional question; I have a 2GB card and the download says 1GB. Will it work with my 2GB card, or - can you post a link for the 2GB file, or should I just go to Radio Shack or Amazon & buy a 1GB card?
Again, many thanks for your help!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz