how to transfer apps and settings to new card

k_huntington

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
so i have a class 2 4gb card (sandisk) and just got a class 4 8gb. i was hoping to run Honeycomb, but after reading alot of info, decided to stay with CM7 intil CM9 comes up. anyway....

is there any way to transfer all the marketplace apps, settings, bookmarks, app icon placement, wallpapers, etc from the old card to the new card? i have the OS up... but can't figure out how to get it all back. (i use iPhone for phone, and so i'm used to back up and restore with new phones and new jailbreaks and what not. is there a back-up and restore option like just like iPhone when it comes to android, or CM7 to be more specific? so i can pop in my 8gb and basically have everything how i had it with the 4gb??? :confused:

thanks.

ETA: i did my cm7 following this tut- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1000957

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No, if you are running CM7 from the card you need to basically close the card. You can't just copy all of the files.

dlj

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You can create a copy of your 4G card by using Win32 Disk Imager. The procedure is the reverse of the process described in the How To thread in this forum to write the CM7 image to your card. In Disk Imager use the Image File box to choose a name and location for the copy you want to create. Follow steps 5 through 8 in the How To, except click the "Read" instead of the "Write" button. This will create an .img file. Then insert your new, larger, card into the computer and "Write" the image to it. When the process is complete, the new card will be identical to the old one. You can then use EASUS Partition Master to enlarge the "SD" (4th) partition on the card to enable access to all the storage space on the card.

Reactions: jackchaos

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12