1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Restoring apps using Titanium Backup

BN Nook Color running Cyanogenmod 7 on SD card. Ran Titanium Pro to backup all the apps, and sync'd with Dropbox. Purchased additional SD card and installed Cyanogen 9. Installed Dropbox and Titanium Pro onto CM9 from Google Play. Ran Titanium BAckup and sync'd with Dropbox. Titanium dialog box indicated that it downloaded over 200 MB of files.

Then in Titanium, I went into Backup/Restore > Menu > Batch and selected Restore Missing Apps and System Data. I expected this to restore all the apps from my previous install, but it did nothing.

Went back to the Google Play, and downloaded a file manager. Checked on the SD card in the TitaniumBackup folder and noticed there were hundreds of files in that folder.

What am I overlooking to make TB restore all the apps?

Thx.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Restoring apps using Titanium Backup

Actually - not true that the Restore Missing did nothing -- it listed and restored 59 items, but it omitted the ones that I wanted...

Default Re: Restoring apps using Titanium Backup

You are using 2 different operating systems while trying to restore apps backed up from the 1st. To get apps back you should just put the apk files in Dropbox and install them one at a time.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2