Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default NC with CM7 on EMMC. Volume doesn't work. How to get to stock?

I have NC running CM7 on emmc. The volume buttons have not been working and I am planning to get rid of this via Craigslist or Ebay.

I was trying to sell this and return it to stock. I can get into CWM but can't choose any options since the Volume buttons don't work. Any suggestions how I could get this to return to Stock?

If I can't return it to stock, I can sell it as rooted however I did not know if going into Privacy and restore to default would brick my NC? Anyone know before I try? I want to clear my Information and google account before selling this.

Thanks.

Have you tried 8 failed boots?

Sent from the Center of My Mind
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro
    XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]

You can try to use the touch screen recovery that you can download over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1397513
    or use rom manager to install the stock zip.

Sent from space

Quote Originally Posted by MISRy View Post
    Have you tried 8 failed boots?

That only works with the stock recovery.

Sent from space

Quote Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
    That only works with the stock recovery.
    Sorry. I thought he wanted to go back to stock.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Sorry. I thought he wanted to go back to stock.

He does but that will not work if he installed clockworkmod over the stock recovery and I am almost 99 percent sure he did.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook

Default Re: NC with CM7 on EMMC. Volume doesn't work. How to get to stoc

8 failed boots restores the Read Only Memory burned into the chip at the factory. NookColor/RestoreToStock - nookDevs

There is no way to overwrite it without an EEPROM burner. We can overlay it with updates and/or CM "ROMs" but it is not overwritten.
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro

8 failed boots restores the Read Only Memory burned into the chip at the factory. NookColor/RestoreToStock - nookDevs

There is no way to overwrite it without an EEPROM burner. We can overlay it with updates and/or CM "ROMs" but it is not overwritten.
    Flash clockwork recovery and try 8 failed boots. It will not work. Simple as that.

Sent from space

Default Re: NC with CM7 on EMMC. Volume doesn't work. How to get to stoc

Quote Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
    Flash clockwork recovery and try 8 failed boots. It will not work. Simple as that.
    Huh. That's okay. The hallucination I had two weekends ago made me happy and that's all that counts really.

EDIT: Looking around see's alot of people agreeing with you. The only thing I can come up with is that either I didn't "Flash CWR" the way you mean, (I had it in eMMC but had to use Cyanoboot to get to it), or the misbehavior that got me to fall all the way back to factory to start from scratch had something to do with it. I think it's the latter. Sorry to the OP if I sent you down the wrong path. Sorry koopa.
    Last edited by MISRy; 04-27-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro