Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wi-fi troubles

I have a rooted NC running CM 7.0.2-encore internally, and about two months ago noticed that the wi-fi stopped working (obviously I don't use it much). When it boots up, wi-fi is deactivated. Then, when I turn it on the NC does not pick up any networks, even though there are several in range. Then it automatically disconnects.

I would update to a new version of CM, but the ways I've found to do that all require functioning wi-fi or re-storing to stock and starting from fresh. Is there anything else I can do about this? Will restoring to stock and re-rooting help at all?

Thanks.

First you might want to try wiping the saved networks from wifi and try reconnecting to them.

Next I'm not sure what you mean by "have to have a wifi connection" but if you can post your question you have enough to follow the directions in my sig. 7.0.? is a little old. The upgrade would be worth it. If you use that guide be sure to follow the links to thank the people who did the actual work I just summarized.

Sent from the Center of My Mind
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro
    XE-Sero7ROM US (w/ TabletUI) v. [P756.6.02.11.00]
    Thanked by:

I'm pretty sure this is the airplane mode bug. Airplane mode doesn't exactly work right on our Nooks. What you will have to do is use Android Assistant to turn it off. (find an apk online and install) or there are some terminal commands you can run that I can't seem to find. Try searching over at XDA for them.

You could also just upgrade your CM version by downloading what you need with a computer and then transfer it over to your Nook to use.

Sent from space
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Wi-fi troubles

Quote Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the airplane mode bug. Airplane mode doesn't exactly work right on our Nooks. What you will have to do is use Android Assistant to turn it off. (find an apk online and install) or there are some terminal commands you can run that I can't seem to find. Try searching over at XDA for them.

You could also just upgrade your CM version by downloading what you need with a computer and then transfer it over to your Nook to use.

Sent from space
    That worked, and was incredibly easy. I found the terminal commands at androidforums.

Next I need to update all my apps and then upgrade my CM. Many thanks to both of you for your help.

Default Re: Wi-fi troubles

Wow, wish I'd have seen this before I rebuilt my CM7.1 build on the SD card. My WiFi said ALL WiFi was out of range but if I booted as a NC I could do WiFi. Took me hours to redo.
    Is Android Assistant not in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by mccornwall View Post
    Wow, wish I'd have seen this before I rebuilt my CM7.1 build on the SD card. My WiFi said ALL WiFi was out of range but if I booted as a NC I could do WiFi. Took me hours to redo.
    Is Android Assistant not in the store?
    It is but how are you going to download it without wifi?

Sent from space