PDF ebooks

hymeadowfield

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Jelly Bean on an SD card for my Nook Color and I love it. Much better than Gingerbread.
I can't get any PDF library books onto my Nook. My Nook does not show up in ADE. The only way the Nook shows up in ADE is if I boot to stock. This book is only available in PDF format so I am hoping someone can help me. This book is the first in a series. The rest of the books in the series are epub format which I can download. Hopefully someone else has figured out how to get around this.
Thanks.

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Does your nook at least show up as an external drive? If not you may need to enable debug mode. If it is recignized as an external drive you should be able to drag and drop the pdf file ; then select the pdf using your nook. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-M950

hymeadowfield

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The Nook does not show up in ADE. I tried your suggestion to enable debug mode. ADE still does not recognize the Nook. I tried rebooting and still no show. The Nook does show up in My Computer just not in ADE. Any more ideas?

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You are just trying to place a pdf fill on your nook , is that correct? If so you should be able to use file explorer ( my computer) to move from computer to nook into nook's my file folder. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-M950

hymeadowfield

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I want to be able to read PDF library books on my rooted Nook Color. I haven't been able to get ADE on my laptop to recognize my Nook. Debug mode did not work. I can download epub books to Overdrive on the rooted Nook but Overdrive does not support PDF books. Hope that makes sense.

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay I misunderstood initially. Not sure why ADE is not working for you as I have not encountered that one yet. Have you asked on any of the other forums? I will look into it a but more but not sure I will be able to offer a fix.

Sent from my SPH-M950

hymeadowfield

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I looked over the link and it strongly recommends downloading a converter which costs $40.00. Not something I am interested in doing. I will keep looking.

hymeadowfield

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the answer thanks to Leapinlar at XDA Developers. First you need to update to the 04142013 nightly for CM10. Install it, then enable USB mass storage. In previous versions the USB mass storage did not work. Also make sure USB debugging is turned OFF. Open ADE on computer and plug in the NC. Ta-da! NC is recognized. I downloaded a PDF library book to ADE and then dragged it to the NC. Works!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay