Nook won't charge, cord and charger are fine.
I have a Nook tablet (BNTV250) that will not charge. When plugged in, it'll periodically show the red battery too low message, and the cord will stay orange, but flash green periodically. We have another Nook tablet in the house, exact same model, that I was able to test with the cord and charger and they are fine, so it's not the cord or the charger. I've already tried slightly pressing the connector in different directions when it's plugged into the Nook to see if it's a bad connector, but that doesn't fix it. So I'm wondering if it's the Nook itself, or the battery that went bad.
I was told that before it started doing this, some updates were done, but I don't know what kind of updates, if it was just some app's that were updated, or if it was a whole system update, I do not know. This is a bone stock, non-rooted device.
I know this is well past the one year warranty.
Any suggestions would be helpful.It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. --Cassis, John
- 07-31-2013, 07:07 PM #2
- 663 Posts
- Decks Reloaded,RebelROM
Re: Nook won't charge, cord and charger are fine.
Sounds like the USB port is bad since you have tried different charger/cords.TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM
- By drwohl in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM
- By el3ctronics in forum HTC OneReplies: 153Last Post: 08-14-2013, 12:37 AM
- By Brandorak in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-04-2013, 07:17 AM
- By Exastify in forum VerizonReplies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2013, 02:34 PM
- By 1812dave in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM