Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you Android Central for the Nook & Nook Color subforums!

This is why I love AC.

And I'm getting my Nook Color today!Who else is? Anyone with any experience rooting it?

Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher? Cause I've used both on my Cyanogen Mod on my Hero. Anyone know if one or the other performs faster?
    HTC Hero - Sprint | ClockworkMod | RockSolid GingerSense, Android 2.3
    Nook Color CyanogenMod 7.0.2, Android 2.3

Fear denies Faith
    Samsung BlackJack II>HTC Touch Pro>HTC Hero
    Nook Color

I prefer Launcher Pro...its all about personal preference though.

I agree thanks!

I have been using Launcher Pro but have been looking at ADW.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

well I got it. I'm on the XDA forums now & getting ready to root this sucka! Ain't even had it 3 hours yet!
    So, gl hf dd.
    MIRITE?

EDIT: No rooting tonight... I don't have a USB card read, lol. Go figure. Will report back tomorrow at some point once I have one.

Fear denies Faith
    Nook Color

LauncherProPlus + Desktop Visualizer will be the best combination, I think, for ultimate graphic customization. Start that screenshot thread now!

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

Yes, thanks AC for adding this forum. Just got one for my wife but she won't let me root it :-(. Not willing to let the warranty go. Maybe in 6 months....

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

+1 Thanks to AC for giving the NC some forum love!

I've had one for three weeks and rooted it within 24-hours of bringing it home. Really liking it for games and casual browsing. Can't wait for update (said to come in January) and custom ROMs.

Anyone looking for a step-by-step for rooting the NC should take a look at this:
    Portal:NookColor - nookDevs

Personally I wouldn't try the Nookie Froyo yet, as there are too many things not working, but to each their own. I've got mine running quite stable with market access, Gmail and Youtube.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpscott02 View Post
    Yes, thanks AC for adding this forum. Just got one for my wife but she won't let me root it :-(. Not willing to let the warranty go. Maybe in 6 months....
    Got one for my gf for Christmas. (she wanted a Kindle) At first she wouldn't let me root it, but once I told her she could play Angry Birds on it she wouldn't leave me alone until I rooted it.

Now I'm seriously considering getting one for myself too. I don't much care about the e-reader function, but once rooted it definitely seems to be the best value out there for an Android tablet.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fillossofer View Post
    +1 Thanks to AC for giving the NC some forum love!

I've had one for three weeks and rooted it within 24-hours of bringing it home. Really liking it for games and casual browsing. Can't wait for update (said to come in January) and custom ROMs.

Anyone looking for a step-by-step for rooting the NC should take a look at this:
    Portal:NookColor - nookDevs

Personally I wouldn't try the Nookie Froyo yet, as there are too many things not working, but to each their own. I've got mine running quite stable with market access, Gmail and Youtube.
    After rooting mine, the youtube app would fc so I just decided to factory reset everything. Hopefully with this "upgrade" in january, it'll be a better android experience. That or ill root again :-)
    life is good

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by arwaldon4 View Post
    After rooting mine, the youtube app would fc so I just decided to factory reset everything. Hopefully with this "upgrade" in january, it'll be a better android experience. That or ill root again :-)
    I had a problem with YouTube, so I removed the apk, and reinstalled it.. Seems to have fixed it.. now able to watch YouTube, and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aatrek View Post
    LauncherProPlus + Desktop Visualizer will be the best combination, I think, for ultimate graphic customization. Start that screenshot thread now!
    I use launcherproplus on my droid x. I tried it on the nc, but i wasn't able to easily change the icons/shortcuts in the dock. So, I now use Zeam Launcher on my nc, and imo, it is much better than LPP. give it a try, zeam works great with the nc.

Also, I use button savior instead of soft keys. It looks and works much better, imo. These two apps make the rooted nc much better.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    RockSolid GingerSense

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tmar23 View Post
    I use launcherproplus on my droid x. I tried it on the nc, but i wasn't able to easily change the icons/shortcuts in the dock. So, I now use Zeam Launcher on my nc, and imo, it is much better than LPP. give it a try, zeam works great with the nc.

Also, I use button savior instead of soft keys. It looks and works much better, imo. These two apps make the rooted nc much better.
    Agree with Zeam + Button Savior

Fear denies Faith
    Nook Color