Using a gift card to purchase books

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
A little harder than I'd hoped it'd be. Had to add the gift card in my BN account. It then is supposed to apply the gift card with your next purchase.

Just bought the new Stephen King -- am waiting to see that it actually worked. I do already have the book, though.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was worried about the same thing with mine, haha. Both my parents have the original Nook, and I guess the way B&N does gift cards is that if there's a giftcard on your account they'll charge that first and then your credit card when the gift card runs out.

Loving the Nook color, btw. I'm not sure if I'll root it though; I like what the NC does, and the UI B&N designed for it, plus I may be going back to an Android phone soon.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was worried about the same thing with mine, haha. Both my parents have the original Nook, and I guess the way B&N does gift cards is that if there's a giftcard on your account they'll charge that first and then your credit card when the gift card runs out.

Loving the Nook color, btw. I'm not sure if I'll root it though; I like what the NC does, and the UI B&N designed for it, plus I may be going back to an Android phone soon.

You don't lose the B&N design.. it's still there if you set it up after root.. I still have the arrow to bring up the B&N options, then choose library, etc... Some of my apps even show up in the Extras. If all my apps would show up in Extras, I wouldn't use a different launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1