1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T terms of sevice in the user manual

so I was browsing through the users manual on my new nook color, and towards the end, I came across a AT&T terms of service agreement. Could this mean that we may be able to get 3g service on our nook color some day?

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by gshurling View Post
    so I was browsing through the users manual on my new nook color, and towards the end, I came across a AT&T terms of service agreement. Could this mean that we may be able to get 3g service on our nook color some day?
    Interesting find!

....if it were even possible, I doubt they'd just add 3g service to a wifi-only model (it makes no sense financially).

Maybe there was a 3g model that they scrapped before launch?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Doesn't the original Nook use AT&T data?

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Doesn't the original Nook use AT&T data?
    It does indeed!

ROM
    CM7 (thanks mik_os!)

The e-ink nook has a 3G model that uses at&t data. There is eventually going to be a 3G color, but we're probably looking at 2012 at the earliest for that.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by michael.ahdett View Post
    The e-ink nook has a 3G model that uses at&t data. There is eventually going to be a 3G color, but we're probably looking at 2012 at the earliest for that.
    Wow - thanks for the info! A lot of people were wondering about a 3G model.

ROM
    CM7 (thanks mik_os!)

No problem! Like I said, it's not going to be coming soon enough that people who buy wifi only are going to feel like they were cheated. At the earliest it's going to be Q1 2012. Q3/4 is more realistic.

probably working on a way to disabled 3G if you root. at&t wouldn't want to be giving away their service to rooted ereaders!

had to double check first before posting but according to the people at who have a destructiveteardown underway, the place on three circuit boardf for the 3G modem is unused-- nothing attached to it.

ROM
    CM7 (thanks mik_os!)

Yeah, like I said, there is no 3g nook color, yet. It'll be a separate device when the 3G one launches, not just an upgrade.

Default Copy/paste job

If I correctly recall I also saw info on battery replacement in the user manual (under the warranty language) - that referred to the internal battery as a user-replaceable component. Only the e-ink nooks have this capability - I think a good part of the manual/TOS/legal junk for the NC was a poorly-revised copy and paste job.

Source:

ROM
    Stock Moto, CM7

Based on the fact that they just discontinued the 3G model of the original, I doubt they'll look at updating this one.