[How-to][NEW VERSION] Run Nookie Froyo off SD card

kurairyu

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This might be a stupid ? but after I entered the final command adb reboot, the nook rebooted & new apps appeared "but" Market, Gmail nor Google Maps were installed. Files like Books, Google Search and OMAP3 Camera appeared. Sorry if this might be the wrong forum, I have been reading so many posts on this to make sure everything was done right, not sure where to post. Thank you.

cohansh1

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, first download this file called vold. Place it in your adb directory (SDK 'tools' directory by default), and type the following from command line from that folder (enter after each line of course):

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system
adb push vold /system/bin/vold
adb shell
#cd /system/bin
#chmod 6755 vold
# ls -l vold
adb reboot

That should make the damaged SD error go away.

You can now expand the SD partition too if you'd like (directions in nookie froyo tips thread).
I keep getting can't find /dev/block/mmcblk1pt/system in proc/mount when I try to go through these steps to fix damaged SD card error. Using Nookie Froyo ver 0.6.8, with 4th partition /sdcard fully extended. If anyone knows how to fix this error please post. ADB Devices shows my NC SN. I can mount /dev, but that's it. Thanks!

cohansh1

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting can't find /dev/block/mmcblk1pt/system in proc/mount when I try to go through these steps to fix damaged SD card error. Using Nookie Froyo ver 0.6.8, with 4th partition /sdcard fully extended. If anyone knows how to fix this error please post. ADB Devices shows my NC SN. I can mount /dev, but that's it. Thanks!
Sorry, meant ... mmcblk1p2 (I know it matters)

cohansh1

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using OP 0.6.8 and have discovered /dev/block/mmcblk1pt/system is missing an "m". Used ADB to push the market (/System) folder to /dev/block/mmmcblk1p2/system and it went over OK.

Also, I had used a different partition editing app on my 8GB SD card. If anyone is interested, EASUS for extending the disc partition /SDCARD to its optimum size Does work.

I see the Google apps, including market on my NC, but Market flashes for 1 millisecond, then crashes. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply.

cmac0351

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am brand new to the nook/android scene. I have modded several android phones before.

Someone asked me to put android on his nook using the sd card boot disk method. I have tried both the froyo and honeycomb without success.

Froyo boots mostly, but everything force closes upon boot.

Hooneycomb gives me the password to decrypt screen.

I am using a sandisk 4gb microsd card.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction?

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am brand new to the nook/android scene. I have modded several android phones before.

Someone asked me to put android on his nook using the sd card boot disk method. I have tried both the froyo and honeycomb without success.

Froyo boots mostly, but everything force closes upon boot.

Hooneycomb gives me the password to decrypt screen.

I am using a sandisk 4gb microsd card.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction?

Both of what you tried are unfinished and outdated use cm7. A gingerbread based rom. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=105519

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Reactions: kcls

ozdon

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am running into a problem that no one else seems to be having. I have the Nook Color version 1.3.0 and I did the steps mentioned above. I have a 16GB sd card and by following the instructions above, the OS was able to install on the SD card and my nook color was even booting the Android platform. The problem that I am having is that the touch screen does not work. The volume and power buttons all work, but when I press anything on the screen the OS simply ignores it.
So I can boot up and I see where I have to unlock the screen but I cannot do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

lokiie18

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
am i doing something wrong all I get is the loading and then a homepage with no touch speakers work and thats it looks like I am going back to cm 7 at least it worked honeycomb,froyo and icecream sandwich will not get off there butts

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
am i doing something wrong all I get is the loading and then a homepage with no touch speakers work and thats it looks like I am going back to cm 7 at least it worked honeycomb,froyo and icecream sandwich will not get off there butts

It is those kinds of comments that make devs drop device support. Be grateful for what you have.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook

akioyosh

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The link "download the latest version of Nookie" is not found... 404 error :p Please help! i need to figure out how to download this, because ive downloaded it before, but erased the software off of my sd card, and then i forgot the password to the nook, and the email -_- the 8 boot interruption thingy also is a dead end, for the clockwork recovery is inneffective.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The link "download the latest version of Nookie" is not found... 404 error :p Please help! i need to figure out how to download this, because ive downloaded it before, but erased the software off of my sd card, and then i forgot the password to the nook, and the email -_- the 8 boot interruption thingy also is a dead end, for the clockwork recovery is inneffective.

Use CM7 or CM10

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user