Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The clockwork link in the OP doesn't seem to be working for me. Is it down?

clockwork link works but the restore image file is beyond slow to transfer at 16kb/s

I provided a faster link to restore :

>>Quote:
    >>Originally Posted by l0m31n
    >>this didnt work for me, still rooted.
    >>I'll update the OP to clarify, this is intended to restore to rooted stock. To completely unroot, merely >>interrupt boot 8x. If that isn't working (because you installed clockwork or altered boot in some way) >>then do only the step in OP to restore boot (the system part shouldn't be necessary), then interrupt >>8x.

Just for clarification... the 'nook-complete-restore-1.0.1.zip' file is rooted or not rooted? I've had ADB installed on my laptop working with no problems, I flashed my NC and updated the driver but I can't get ADB to recognize the NC. Without having a replacement home app, how can I tell if SU is installed? I think I'm pounding my head against the wall trying to connect to a now non-rooted device.

Default Help--trying to restore Nook Color to stok

I have followed the instructions at the start of this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/barn...ted-stock.html

When I remove the SD card and attempt to reboot the Nook Color I get 2 screens before it just hangs up:
    1st screen: Touch the future of Reading
    2nd screen: the n screen with "Contains Reader Mobile Technology by Adobe Systems Incorporated"

It hangs on that second screen, not allowing me to do anything else.

I'm afraid that I have ruined my NC

Can you help me? I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to Android.

Thanks.

Default installation aborted

Followed instructions to put CWR and complete-restore-1.0.1as zip

following formats, ran complete restore
    got following messageE:Error in/sdcard/nook-complete-restore-1.0.1.zip (status 0)
    Instillation aborted.

Tried several times.

I originally had 1.1 on the nook and upgraded to 1.2
    help

Default Re: [HOW-TO] Restore Nook Color to rooted stock

When I try writing the .img to the SD card I get an error saying not enough space on disk. I checked the properties of the SD card and it says I have 14.9 GB free. Its a 16GB disk and I have tried writing the 16GB .img and the 8GB.img Any ideas?

Default Re: Help--trying to restore Nook Color to stok

For dfishocc:

I had this problem too, multiple times while trying to re-install different versions of the Nook OS. What ended up resolving it was a factory reset. Make sure the Nook is off. Press and hold the Power and the N button simultaneously for seven seconds. It will boot to the Reading Forever page, then load a new page asking you if you want to do a factory reset. Hit Yes. Then confirm.

ROM
    CodeName 1.3.3

Default Re: Help--trying to restore Nook Color to stok

none of the links work need cwm boot for 16 gb card please anyone. need help badly
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234