Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buying books through the Nook store

So, I was wondering if anyone had any issue getting books from the Nook store. I read something before I bought the Nook (can't remember where ) that stated they had an issue with books getting stuck in the download phase. You could buy it but not read it. Has anyone experienced this? Any info or examples with a possible fix would be awesome. Thanks all.

ps: My nook is rooted but not running the froyo rom.

ROM
    Liberty 1.5 & Honeycomb

Yeah, it's an issue. One of the reasons I switched to Froyo rom. My suggestion is to buy it at www.bn.com and then download it to your library.

It worked for me.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Do you mean transfer it over from a computer via the micro sd card or download it through the nook library?

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

You can purchase it on bn.com (I usually do, although so far I've had good luck with purchasing via NC). and it'll autodownload..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No issues yet

sent from my rooted NookColor

Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    You can purchase it on bn.com (I usually do, although so far I've had good luck with purchasing via NC). and it'll autodownload..
    This. My NC was rooted within an hour of purchase and I've never had a problem buying and DL-ing books through the native program post-root.

I have had no problems. I have a dozen or so books and a few magazines on my rooted Nook. I downloaded them using the B&N apps.