SD Card lost its capacity?!?!

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello

Perhaps somebody can help...

I loaded the nookiefroyo onto the SD, rather than rooting for now. Anyway, after I did, all was fine on the NC itself, but when I put the SD card back in my computer, it's capacity was only 115MB??? It's a 16GB card. What happened? I followed the instructions in the sticky to load by SD, but I didn't know it would make this SD card unusable for future.
Even when I go Settings>SD & Phone Storage, the "Total Space" onlly reads 0.89GB.

Help anyone?

bugeyed

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Boot NC without card. Once booted install card. Format card in NC.

Don't you need to keep the SD card in tact to boot Nookie Froyo? If you format, won't you loose Nookie Froyo? This problem with capacity has come up on another forum, but haven't seen a solution.
The advice to reformat is the solution to the SD capacity problem when running the Auto-Nooter routine, but you don't boot from the sd card to use the nootered Nook Color.

Last edited:

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. At first I tried to reformat in Windows and it still said I only had 39mb....on a 16GB card. I popped it in my droid incredible and used the format tool which worked perfectly.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you're no longer using the card for Nookie, then the previously-mentioned format solution works.

If you're still using nookie and want to use the full space for storage, use partition software to expand the SD partition. Instructions in stickied nookie tips thread. It's much simpler than it sounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae