Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi not staying on

It is really aggravating that the Wifi wont stay on once you turn the screen off. Obviously I don't get any of my push notifications. I have tried the spare parts, but that doesn't seem to cure it.

Anybody have any ideas??? I'm open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Mine was doing something similar, don't know why this worked, but it did for me. I downloaded a wifi switch app from the Market, and put the widget for it on my desktop, now whenever I wake the Nook Color up from sleep it will connect.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by shaundiesel View Post
    It is really aggravating that the Wifi wont stay on once you turn the screen off. Obviously I don't get any of my push notifications. I have tried the spare parts, but that doesn't seem to cure it.

Anybody have any ideas??? I'm open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Dont know if it works the same as our phones but try this

from the home Screen, hit Menu key>Settings>wireless and networks>Wifi settings> in this screen hit the Menu key click advanced>Wifi Sleep policy, and select Never
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm rooted, running stock b&n rom. I don't have the same wireless options. So, unfortunately that doesn't work. Good idea though.

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

The spare parts fix is fleeting at best, and, unfortunately, I've yet to see a successful solution for this on either ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by enord1321 View Post
    Mine was doing something similar, don't know why this worked, but it did for me. I downloaded a wifi switch app from the Market, and put the widget for it on my desktop, now whenever I wake the Nook Color up from sleep it will connect.
    My wifi was also always turning off even with the Spare Parts fix. I loaded the wifi widget from Beautiful Widgets to my home screen and the wifi has stayed on ever since.

Well I got my NC back running on rooted stock (1.0.1 for now) and tried the BW widget again but as alredy foigured out by others, its not working for me either.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That didn't work for me either. :-(

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Yeah, I got excited about his beautiful widget idea, but that did nothing for me on nookie.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Anybody discover any new, innovative ideas to keep Wifi on?? Not only does it not stay on, but even once I boot the Nook, it takes like 10 seconds for the Wifi to come back on.

Very frustrating, would love to find a solution for this.

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

We finally have a solution!

There's a free market app called Soft Locker (donate version also available). When you put your Nook to sleep, it simulates sleep mode by turning the screen off, but doesn't actually put it to sleep - so your wifi stays on! It probably uses a bit more juice than putting the NYC to sleep normally, but I think it'll be fine for most people. Finally!

Default Re: Wifi not staying on

try downloading wiFi analyzer from google play. it works great on my rooted nook!