SlideIT keyboard demo not registering

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
i installed the slideIT keyboard demo. I selected it as the default keyboard and as i go to type (slide) on it a window opens saying it is trying to register. It fails everytime not letting me use the keyboard. When I go back into settings to swich to the stock keyboard every time i select the keyboard option the NC returns to homepage. Now I cannot access any keyboard whatsoever. Help!

Thanks

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i installed the slideIT keyboard demo. I selected it as the default keyboard and as i go to type (slide) on it a window opens saying it is trying to register. It fails everytime not letting me use the keyboard. When I go back into settings to swich to the stock keyboard every time i select the keyboard option the NC returns to homepage. Now I cannot access any keyboard whatsoever. Help!

Thanks

Are you on stock ROM or Nookie Froyo?

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Stock ROM

When you say you open settings>keyboard, do you mean from the nook menu? Because that won't get you anywhere. Open the app called NookColorTools (installed with rooting) and choose your keyboard from there.

To use SlideIT, you'll probably need to follow the keyboard install directions in the stickied 'How-to - work-arounds on stock ROM' thread.

Reactions: vetteman30

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
i had forgotten about the nook color tools. Thanks Will. Got the keyboard trial reloaded but still can't register. At least i can get to my stock keyboard now. I emailed the developer to see whats up. Thnaks again.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i had forgotten about the nook color tools. Thanks Will. Got the keyboard trial reloaded but still can't register. At least i can get to my stock keyboard now. I emailed the developer to see whats up. Thnaks again.

With Root Explorer, try leaving the trial's apk in data/app, and then copy it so it's also in system/app (set permissions to be the same as other files in that folder). Reboot, and choose it in NookColorTools. That's how to get the paid version to work - I'd say good chance the trial will be the same.

I wouldn't recommend emailing devs for this, this issue has everything to do with using an eReader's ROM as a tablet, and nothing to do with their app.

xjcannonx

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am using the SlideIt keyboard and for both the demo and full version I ad to copy it over to the /Data/App folder and the reboot my Nook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non