Application Menus....

hoosiergal

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If I have missed this topic in a thread somewhere, I apologize.

I have rooted my NookColor and have Android and the Market and several apps installed.

My question is, while you are in an app ~ lets say K9 Mail, how do you get it to go to the application menus to setup your preferences, etc.?

Thanks much....

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Aww, no need to feel like an idiot, it's a new device and it's definitely not set up like traditional android devices. You can use the little menu button at the bottom of the screen (circle with lines in it), or you can enable the Softkeys program, which will give you a little dock bar with your traditional 4 android navigation keys that kind of floats over top of your applications :) Happy nooking!

xjcannonx

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Softkeys not for me

After a while I got sick of softkeys always being on the screen (or having to bring it up) I dont use it any more, I just remapped by Vol_up and Vol_down keys for back and menu. Its a give and take though because I lose those hard buttons for volume control and had to place a widget on one of my screens for easy access to volume.

I am a linux guy but have been stuck with an iPhone for a while, I miss the customization so much and the NC is my perfect outlet!!!

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like having the constant overlay for softkeys either, so I made the pop-up transparent, and placed it on the corner of the screen where I'll always be able to find it. Now I thoroughly enjoy softkeys.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
softkey app

I didn't like having the constant overlay for softkeys either, so I made the pop-up transparent, and placed it on the corner of the screen where I'll always be able to find it. Now I thoroughly enjoy softkeys.

Please share.

I am about to go buy a nook, even though I shouldn't. B&N closes in 35 minutes.

EDIT- Got one, rooted, nookie on internal and oc'd. And i took an hour nap. Would have went quicker, but got hung up on nook drivers several times.

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I prefer button savior from the market. it leaves a discreet little arrow on the side of the screen, which you can place on the left or right side, that you just tap to open a 4 soft button launcher. Really nice.

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
+1 for button saviour. you con also change it so it needs a long press to activate and it has a button included to close it when you are done.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Better method for softkeys; reprogram the hard "N" button through softkeys.

Softkeys needs to be your home screen default. Home Manager (via the app market) allows you to change the default home app if you've already set it.

There are options in softkeys to set single and double press of the hard button. I have it set to single press brings up the softkeys overlay, double press to go directly to my home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret