Honeycomb Possible on SD?

AHfootball12

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I was just wondering what the experts thought the possibility was of Honeycomb being able to run off of an SD card in the same way it has magically been done to Froyo?

I really want to buy this tablet due to it being SO affordable, but Honeycomb is looking just so damn sexy!

Thanks in advance!

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I was just wondering what the experts thought the possibility was of Honeycomb being able to run off of an SD card in the same way it has magically been done to Froyo?

I really want to buy this tablet due to it being SO affordable, but Honeycomb is looking just so damn sexy!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about an SD, but I imagine Honeycomb will eventually make its way to the Nook. It could be a while though. First the Xoom will come out, then Google will release the source, and then maybe some devs will start working on it. ....so it could be a while. If you're really itching for Honeycomb sooner than later, you might want to look at the Xoom.

xjcannonx

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
In time daniel son

As honeycomb is really made for tablets I'm sure it will make its way to the nook, once the final sdk and all the tools are out then Im sure people much smarter than me will get this working, I just wonder how well the NC will handle all the new features of 3.0...

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder how well the NC will handle all the new features of 3.0...

I thought that recently, but after seeing the absurdly high overclock kernels released this week, I think it's looking very good. Honeycomb running well on 800MHz sounds iffy, Honeycomb on 1.1GHz sounds very promising if you ask me.

panamamike

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought that recently, but after seeing the absurdly high overclock kernels released this week, I think it's looking very good. Honeycomb running well on 800MHz sounds iffy, Honeycomb on 1.1GHz sounds very promising if you ask me.

How stable is the Nook @ 1.1GHz? Also what kind of battery hit are we talking about?

Regards,

Mike

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How stable is the Nook @ 1.1GHz? Also what kind of battery hit are we talkin
g about?

Regards,

Mike

I've been running at 1100 with a low of 600 for 4 days now and the nook has been very stable. Im using launcher pro and usually play with the nook most of the day. I have never been below 60% battery life at the end of the day. I have noticed the performance boost.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That all depends on what the wifi only Galaxy Tab will cost.

I think the original rumor was $450, but the 3G models have dropped since then, so it could be lower. ...or maybe they're waiting for the Galaxy Tab 2 for a wifi model and there won't be any drop. My guess is that it won't go nearly as low as $250, though I'm sure Samsung is well aware of their unexpected "e-reader" competition by now . . .

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the original rumor was $450, but the 3G models have dropped since then, so it could be lower. ...or maybe they're waiting for the Galaxy Tab 2 for a wifi model and there won't be any drop. My guess is that it won't go nearly as low as $250, though I'm sure Samsung is well aware of their unexpected "e-reader" competition by now . . .

$450 for that thing would be laughable considering its $499 now for the 3G radio version or even $399 at Costco or other locations (you have to sign up for one month of data though).

I'd bet $350 if they were halfway smart, but $600 was insane anyway so I guess $450 wouldn't be out of the question.

dingwog

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I also have rooted my Nook to 1.1 ghz. I haven't had a single crash yet and just one minor annoyance. That is when you reboot, the screen is unresponsive. you have to sleep the Nook then wake it and everything works properly again. I have noticed a speed increase and I haven't noticed any increased abttery drain. However, the device charges incredibly slowly. I really didn't pay attention to how long or short it took me to recharge a 20% battery to full but it took me a while today. Gonna time it over the weekend but at this point I can't say it is because of the 1.1 ghz ROM.

AHfootball12

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I ended up buying the Nook Color and am loving it with SD launching from SD, I really hope people who are a lot smarter than me figure out how to launch Honeycomb from the SD card too because it is amazing right now!

panamamike

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I ended up buying the Nook Color and am loving it with SD launching from SD, I really hope people who are a lot smarter than me figure out how to launch Honeycomb from the SD card too because it is amazing right now!

Looks like the honeycomb port has been done, but isn't useable. At least not without unlocking HW acceleration. Wonder why this has been an issue. Are we going to be SOL on this front?

Seems no one is sure which particular video chip flavor has been implemented
Word is it's the SGX530 wonder why this is causing issue from a support perspective.

Mike

slimxwhitman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks in advance!

Your questions have been answered. Check the Stickies on the front page :) honeycomb on SD! enjoy.

Reactions: RamboDroid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy