1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nookie backup, how is it done?

I read in one of the threads that I could backup Nookie the same was as it was installed using the Win32DiskImager. Well that makes sense, but when I went to do the backup, it only lets me select one drive. I noticed when installed, nookie creates 3 extra partitions, 2 of which aren't of a normal type. Are these automatically generated by the boot process? Is backing up the boot drive sufficient to restore all apps?

Regards,

Mike

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

On Win32diskimager, all you have to do is:

- in the area with the two dots where, before, you selected the file to write (when burning), this time select and name a new file and location

- select your SD drive as the drive

- select READ instead of write

It will save the image wherever you told it to.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What about the the additional partitions? The only drive that shows up is the main boot drive.

Mike

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by panamamike View Post
    What about the the additional partitions? The only drive that shows up is the main boot drive.

Mike
    You mean in win32diskimager, or in Windows? The other partitions won't show up in Windows, but, unless there's a problem, win32diskimager will see them.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Will Shanklin View Post
    You mean in win32diskimager, or in Windows? The other partitions won't show up in Windows, but, unless there's a problem, win32diskimager will see them.
    Yes in win32diskmanager. The drive that shows up in explorer is the main boot drive. If you look at the other three partitions using EASEUS, they are visible, but without a drive letter. When win32diskimager is doing it's think, I'm assuming it's just backing up the one partition off of the SD not the entire card.

Mike

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by panamamike View Post
    Yes in win32diskmanager. The drive that shows up in explorer is the main boot drive. If you look at the other three partitions using EASEUS, they are visible, but without a drive letter. When win32diskimager is doing it's think, I'm assuming it's just backing up the one partition off of the SD not the entire card.

Mike
    No, it does all of them.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, it does all of them.
    Cool thx.

No, it does all of them.
    Tried this but the Image file in only 125mb and I know I had way more than that on the sd. Probably closer to a few gigs with numerous large pdfs. why is the file so small? I used win32diskimager to read the card.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by rx515 View Post
    Tried this but the Image file in only 125mb and I know I had way more than that on the sd. Probably closer to a few gigs with numerous large pdfs. why is the file so small? I used win32diskimager to read the card.
    Found that win32diskimager should work because the drive, even though broken into multiple partitions should be recognized as one logical drive.

However, when I tried to back it up, with all my stuff and expanded SDcard partition, win32diskimager wouldn't work.

Luckily this problem has been discovered during the Honeycomb install and found the alternative program works fine. Create a virtual drive image, then restore it.

Mike