Picking up a Nook Colour soon, ultimate tablet questions?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have some questions because I will have a Nook Colour soon and I really want to make this an incredbile Tablet...
1. Is that Nookie ROM done?
2. Easiest rooting method?
3. Does it perform well with games such as NOVA?
4. Is it full multi touch? Like Google Maps support?
5. Does it have a mic?
6. Is the device choppy in any sorts of areas? Like if it had froyo would it begin to lag with flash enabled?
Please and thank you!

Sent from my Nexus S

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea I believe Nookie is done, but wont be able to answer the rest.

I have my own question, which is the more preferred and less buggy option, running Nookie internal/MicroSD or using stock rom rooted?

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have some questions because I will have a Nook Colour soon and I really want to make this an incredbile Tablet...
1. Is that Nookie ROM done?
2. Easiest rooting method?
3. Does it perform well with games such as NOVA?
4. Is it full multi touch? Like Google Maps support?
5. Does it have a mic?
6. Is the device choppy in any sorts of areas? Like if it had froyo would it begin to lag with flash enabled?
Please and thank you!

Sent from my Nexus S

1: Nookie is done from what I have heard.

2: The easiest rooting method is basically the stock to rooted stock treatment. There is also nookie off the SD card which strikes me as being easy since you don't have to touch the stock softwarea and partitions.

3: It's good with Angry Birds. Not Sure about other games.

4: I believe multitouch works with any program that supports multitouch. I know Opera mini did, Dolphin HD now does and I would assume it does with maps. I'm not sure since I don't have maps installed.

5: It does not have a mic. The devs have found that it has an unenabled bluetooth. So at some point, you will be able to have a bluetooth mic attached to it.

6: I don't know about lag with Froyo but with the stock rooted software it tends to lag little bit. I, however, am not overclocking which would get rid of a lot of the lag.

Hope this helps. If I miss spoke on anything, feel free to correct me people of Android Central. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1