Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nook Color Deal

Just FYI to all Best Buy has a deal on the Nook Color this week! Buy a Nook Color and get a free cover!

Also I found a coupon online for a free $25 GC with $250 purchase! I am going to try it tonight and see if it works.

http://dealspl.us/bestbuy-coupons
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Good deal. Just use the $25 GF to purchase the SD micro card ...

ROM
    Fission Rom|Nookie Froyo

Where do you see the deal about the free cover? I looked on best buys website and didnt see it? I bought a NC last week i wonder if they'll give me a cover?

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBelly

The free cover deal is on the item page on bestbuy.com:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...1%2526lp%253D1

The $25 GC deal has the typical boatload of BB restrictions, including no bestbuy.com or in-store pickup allowed. So you cannot combine these two offers, it seems.

the free cover deal is also in their weekly local ad, so it's available for in-store purchases...i assume you can try to get the $25 GC that way
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Success! Just got home from Best Buy free case and gift card in hand! you may need to buy something else to get the $25 gc as it is with a $250 purchase (I preordered a game). Still need a SD card and of course my wife is saying that it's my "Valentines Day gift" soooooo I guess I have two weeks to root my EVO for free wireless tether.

Which cover did you get, is there a price limit on the cover?

The local ad indicated any cover $49.99 or less.

ROM
    Fission Rom|Nookie Froyo

I bought my NC last week (thursday) if I give a fuss do you think they'll atleast give me a case free? Id like the gift card but more concerned about a free case lol.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 RC2/Chevy LV 1.2

Does anyone know how long this offer is for in-store? Through Sunday I'm guessing? I'm not finding any promotion dates on the website.

in-store sales usually run sun-sat...so the deal should be good through this coming saturday

Do you think Walmart would match the free cover deal? Best Buy is out of stock where I live. Barnes and Noble have told me they won't match it.

i just picked up a NC at my local Best Buy....i got the cover no problem, but when i tried to use the coupon for th $25 GC, they told me i could only get 1 or the other, free cover or free Gift Card...anyone else experience this?

i took the free $49.99 cover, but i still want to try to get the $25 GC

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

All BB's I check were out of stock and 2 weeks back-ordered. I called B&N and bought the last one in stock. They had to hold it for me for a few hours and during that time they had 3 people looking to buy NC's. It's in very high demand right now.

I was looking more for a skin cover than a case and bought this for $11.99 on Amazon..

Amazon.com: iShoppingdeals - for Barnes & Noble NOOK COLOR eBook Reader Tablet WiFi, Blue Soft Silicone Skin Case Cover And Smart Headphone Wrap: Electronics

That looks like a nice cover. I'm more concerned with smashing the glass. I read somewhere that there's a layer of glass related to anti-glare.

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patnet View Post
    That looks like a nice cover. I'm more concerned with smashing the glass. I read somewhere that there's a layer of glass related to anti-glare.
    I debated about the glass too. I have a similar cover on my iphone and dropped it enough times over the years without hurting it. The cover has taken a beating, but not the glass.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...1%2526lp%253D4

This it's the case I got...really nice leather in and out even has a pocket it's only $40 ($50 limit) but it seems like it will wear very well.

ROM
    Fission Rom|Nookie Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by jfultz14976 View Post
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...1%2526lp%253D4

This it's the case I got...really nice leather in and out even has a pocket it's only $40 ($50 limit) but it seems like it will wear very well.
    Thats the same case I went with today (they did honor that I bought my NC last week and gave me the case today in store all I needed was receipt) Anyways.. Yeah I was kinda bummed there wasn't a $50 case I loved. I like the look of the $50 industrial easel case, but I don't like how its not a book style and is the flip style case. The leather on this Dessin Cover seems very sturdy though and that little pocket inside was key as well. I'm enjoying it so far.
    Thanked by: