Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

This is brilliant!!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

angry bird downloads successfully but fails to install.

who said it installs? lol. . .fruit ninja works perfectly but not angry birds.

and APK that is able to be pushed via ADB?

Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    Look at the first post
    turns out not all apps go full screen. But now my next problem is that my android launcher forces closes every time after i turn it on... must've installed an app that conflicts..

for mac terminal is saying " No such file or directory" when I'm trying to copy the file to the sdcard. Can someone Please help

where did you place your image file, after the download i have two drives showing "sdcard" and "boot". trying to figure this out. please help

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    CL3ANTH3ORY

This is very cool. I got Honeycomb up and running on my NC with an 8gb class 6 lexar sd - is very quick... I installed the market, which works fine. However I installed the Kindle app and the NC reboots every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and installed the app. I read through the thread and have seen no other issues similiar to mine. Any ideas?

Thanks - Steve

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

Quote Originally Posted by syoggy View Post
    This is very cool. I got Honeycomb up and running on my NC with an 8gb class 6 lexar sd - is very quick... I installed the market, which works fine. However I installed the Kindle app and the NC reboots every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and installed the app. I read through the thread and have seen no other issues similiar to mine. Any ideas?

Thanks - Steve
    I have the same issue going on. Some apps won't even install which is a given. Im hoping this is something that can be fixed or patched sooner than later but if not, no big deal.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by avidatta View Post
    for mac terminal is saying " No such file or directory" when I'm trying to copy the file to the sdcard. Can someone Please help
    Sounds like a path issue. Try copying the img to the folder where you are running adb...then try the commands again.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by panamamike View Post
    What's the advantage of honeycomb over froyo?
    Is there any chance the DSP will be working?

Mike
    Primarily the interface. Froyo(while cool) basically turns the Nook or any tablet into a giant phone. Honeycomb is designed to be used on a tablet. Much more intuitive interface and not just a blown up phone screen.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye007 View Post
    I was having the problem with it asking for a password at book to decrypt the card. I got that issue when using the last link that's got the changes done to it already (The 150 ect.). I tried again with one of the other links and it worked.

However when using Honeycomb can we also use the original functions like Library and Shop? I'd still like to be able to use it as a e-reader.
    Some people on XDA had this issue and resolved it by reformatting the card in the nook, then reburning the image to the card.

I got it going - thanks Monkeysuncle and Will for the assist! The 1.1 overclocking didn't work for me - it just sat at ANDROID_ on the screen, but the original build booted real quick. My unit seems a little laggy - is it safe to assume a more reliable overclocking file will be available in the near future? Thanks again.

works like a charm! thanks will and deeperblue...
    is anyone who's been successful having lag with their touchscreen? Having major lag, otherwise amazing!

You could try this:

I wasn't able to do it with ADB, but I was able to do it via Terminal Emulator (on 1.0.1 rooted). I entered su and typed the first step. I tried the second, but nothing appeared on the screen while typing or after I hit enter on the NC keyboard. It appeared to lock up.

I long pressed the power key and finally got it to reset. Once it came back up, the screen response was MUCH better!

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!

ROM
    CleanROM

Can you still put data on the sd card to use in honeycomb? Say I have music I want to try with the new player and music notification.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydeus View Post
    I got it going - thanks Monkeysuncle and Will for the assist! The 1.1 overclocking didn't work for me - it just sat at ANDROID_ on the screen, but the original build booted real quick. My unit seems a little laggy - is it safe to assume a more reliable overclocking file will be available in the near future? Thanks again.
    I was wondering that as well. Is it possible to include overclocking in the actual build of Honeycomb, for those of us that aren't adb proficient? Or is that not possible?

If it were a bit less laggy, I'd run Honeycomb as my daily setup.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #241  

ROM
    Nookie Froyo/Honeycomb

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I was wondering that as well. Is it possible to include overclocking in the actual build of Honeycomb, for those of us that aren't adb proficient? Or is that not possible?

If it were a bit less laggy, I'd run Honeycomb as my daily setup.
    I updated OP with a 1GHz kernel that's probably worth trying if you're having trouble with the 1.1GHz. No adb needed, just drag/drop like the other.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Shanklin View Post
    I updated OP with a 1GHz kernel that's probably worth trying if you're having trouble with the 1.1GHz. No adb needed, just drag/drop like the other.
    I thought the instructions included using adb..., is that not correct? I don't understand the whole adb process, and am not sure I want to take the chance.

EDIT: never mind, I figured it out. Thanks!
    Last edited by bujin; 02-03-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Shanklin View Post
    So the instructions said if you already booted hc just use adb- but that was just for convenience sake? You can always just pull the chip out to do the drag and drop method? Thanks-

I have been able to now.. after a few hours of deep reflection get my NC booting to HC2.... I am now working on the apk and googleservicesframework. I have removed the SD card and have it back in the reader, does it need to be in the NC? I am unable to locate the adb.exe or folder that remotley resembles the instructions... thanks to all that have responded my posts.

ROM
    Stock Moto, CM7

The ADB and then quick-pull is to wipe the cache so as to not have any additional information on it. If you install and haven't booted, there is a clear cache already, so no worries there, the system won't be looking for previous information. I would surmise that if you don't wipe the cache, and just do the quick swap, your system may have conflicting information, and cause all sorts of issues... lag, crashes, hang-ups, etc.

Hey guys, so I connected my nook to windows 7 and two drives show up as external drives. However, both are asking me to insert memory card. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought the SD card compatibility was fixed. Someone please help. Thanks

Can you give better steps for installing the Android Market on the Nook Color running Honeycomb?

I am using Windows 7 32bit on a Netbook.

When I boot the nook up with the SanDisk MicroSDHC (8GB) card it boots Honeycomb just fine. However, when I plug the Nook into my PC I can't access the drives on the Nook to copy the files over to the paths you listed.

So just where do I find "adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)"?

Should this be on the SD card or the Nook after I plug it back into my PC (which I can't see the hard drives on the Nook when I do, Windows can't find the drivers for it)?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNook View Post
    Can you give better steps for installing the Android Market on the Nook Color running Honeycomb?

I am using Windows 7 32bit on a Netbook.

When I boot the nook up with the SanDisk MicroSDHC (8GB) card it boots Honeycomb just fine. However, when I plug the Nook into my PC I can't access the drives on the Nook to copy the files over to the paths you listed.

So just where do I find "adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)"?

Should this be on the SD card or the Nook after I plug it back into my PC (which I can't see the hard drives on the Nook when I do, Windows can't find the drivers for it)?

Thanks for any help.

I am having the same problem, I can't access the drives when the nook running hc is connected to the pc (windows 7). the drives do show up under My Computer

Quote Originally Posted by avidatta View Post
    I am having the same problem, I can't access the drives when the nook running hc is connected to the pc (windows 7). the drives do show up under My Computer
    I am having same issue with XP for all the above. No adb.exe, folders or etc... trying to get the final part of the install done.

is running this off the sd card the same as running froyo? as far as loading the image and starting it up? thx
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast